Chapter 28 - Can You Feel My Heart

*Anna's Pov*

"How you feeling princess?" Fronz asked softly, rubbing my stomache.

"Stuffed." I giggled.

"I'm glad you ate dinner with me, I know we couldn't be home to cook a turkey, but Atleast I got to be with you today." He smiled, kissing me on the cheek.

"Aw, yeah babe. Definitely the best thanksgiving ever." I yawned. Stretching out on the couch next to him.

"Are you cold babe?" He asked.

"A little bit why?" I asked.

He jumped up and grabbed the blanket from his bunk. He laid back down next to me, and covered us in the soft blanket.

I closed my eyes and enjoyed the warmth.

*******

I opened my eyes, to nothing but a bright white light.

It took my eyes a few minutes to adjust, but when they did, I figured out where I was I started to shake. I was on the floor, dressed in hospital clothes.

"I've got to be dreaming.." I thought to myself.

I got up, and brushed myself off. I looked around, and decided to follow the long hallway ahead of me.

I looked down and realized the necklace my mother gave me was shining.

Something about this dream, seemed oddly familiar.

I found the same door at the end of the hallway.

I swallowed my fear, and opened the door. The room was dark, but I could make out the shape of a woman sitting on a bed.

"Anna darling." She said, turning around.

"Mom!" I cheered, running over to her.

"Hi babygirl. It's been quite some time since I've seen you last." She said, holding my hand giving me a weak smile.

She looked down at my stomach.

"I can't believe it's been almost 4 months." I said.

"Your baby bump is seriously starting to get big." She smiled.

"I know, in 3 weeks we have an appointment to tell the gender. I'm so excited." I said, rubbing my stomach.

I looked down and noticed the diamond heart on my necklace was still glowing, and the golden wings where too now.

"Mom why is this glowing like this?" I asked curiously.

"Well the necklace glows when I'm near you sweetheart. That way you can always know when I'm around, and watching over you." She smiled.

I put my head back and closed my eyes.

"Mom I miss you so much.. I'd give anything to be able to bring you back to the real world with me.." I choked out, as a tear slipped down my face.

"It really sucks you know? Not being able to hug you when I'm having a bad day, or being able to celebrate thanksgiving, Christmas or my birthday with you.." I frowned, as more tears followed.

"Sweetheart, I'm always with you. I brought you here to tell you that. Even if I'm here, it doesn't mean that I'm not here too." She said putting her hand over my heart.

I looked at her, and smiled.
Her bright blue eyes shimmered in the dim lighting.

"I love you mom." I said, hugging her.

"I love you too Anna. Happy thanksgiving sweetie." She smiled.

"Mom..?" I said, hanging my head.

"Yes darling?" She asked.

"Do you ever visit Austin?" I asked.

She looked down.

"Unfortunately, I can't. Austin can't control his dreams like you can." I frowned.

"Do you want me to tell him you love him?" I said, grabbing her hand.

"Please." She said letting go. "Anna, it's time for you to head back now hun." She said, giving me another hug.

"Okay mom, I'm so glad you visited me, it definitely made me day. I love you mommy." I said, kissing her on the cheek.

"I love you too sweetheart." She said, as everything faded.

I opened my eyes again, and it was pitch black on the bus.

I rolled over and pressed myself up against Fronz.

"Baby what are you doing up, it's 3 am.." He whispered.

"I had another dream." I said, trying to hold myself together.

He sat up quickly.

"About?" He asked curiously.

"My mom. I got to see her. Bu it still makes me sad to think about her.. There's so much I didn't get to do with her.." I frowned.

"Awh, babygirl it's okay." He said, wrapping his arms around me.

"I just miss her you know.." I sighed.

"I do know hun, but it's very late, come back to sleep with me." He comforted, rubbing my shoulder.

I snuggled back up against him, and fell back asleep.