My little, dark and thorned heart

September 16th, 2096

Anthea's Pov

It was 7 in the morning and I was finally alone in my house, yesterday, when I arrived home feeling my head was going to explode if I heard one more person inside of it; I had to face both my parents, angry at me due to the fact that I had felt sick and left school earlier than I was supposed to leave it, and god forbid: the principal called them to their work! Not only that but they were furious for I had broken my alarm clock yet again. And that I hadn't controlled my temper.

Both of them were very explicit in what, I now believe, it's their thoughts. Because there's no way they would actually admit what they feel and think towards me in my face. Of how I had ruined their lives, of how much money they had thrown away in psychologists that obviously didn't work, in how easier their lives would be without me in it, how they could actually enjoy being in the house, how they wouldn't have to come up with excuses for not being at home when they didn't want to be near me. I had always suspected they felt like this, but I have to admit, they were good at acting like they care or at least I was good at trying to convince myself, but this was like a bucket of cold water was thrown at me and now I was fully awake and I knew the truth, there was no way I could denied it any longer, this only confirmed what I had felt for at least half my life.

And I had thought this year; this "new start" as they liked to call it, was going to actually change things between us, stupid, silly and innocent me. We have lived in almost every state of this dammed country, sometimes moving twice a year and it never changed a thing, why would this time be different? The only different thing that happened is that now I was certain that no matter how hard I tried, I would never have the relationship with my parents I desired so much.

I couldn't sleep during the night, thinking of what I had heard and what I should do with this information, and now, I was paying the consequences of not doing so, I had dark circles down my swollen eyes, I yawned every five minutes and even though I drank at least a liter of coffee I wasn't fully awake. I knew I shouldn't drive to school, but I did it any ways.

I drove so slow, it would have been the same as walking, enjoying my last minutes of silence in my head, as I was parking I saw my reflection in the review mirror, my eyes weren't swollen anymore but I had the face of a broken girl. In a desperate last resort, I put on my sunglasses although it was a really cloudy day, but I didn't need anybody asking me if I was okay.

The bell hadn't rang yet, and I saw Renesmee, Jake and Jasper talking, so I made my way towards them; they were talking about something I couldn't hear and my head was once again about to explode with all the voices inside of it.

"Hello" – I said trying to sound as normal as I could-

"Hi! – Said Renesmee in a cheerful voice- I didn't expect you to come today, you didn't seem to be feeling well yesterday"

"Yeah... about that, I'm really sorry of how I acted it's just a headache that doesn't seem to go away – I answer truthfully- Well, that and the fact that I get really anxious sometimes"

"You should talk to Jasper, he is really good calming people – She said remarking the calming part-

"People say so at least" – Jasper, who was just listening till then said-

In that second, I felt a wave of calmness invade my system and for the first time in 24 hours I could relax just a little, think clearly. I closed my eyes for a couple of seconds, enjoying the sensation and then opened them as soon as I realized, I didn't hear the voices anymore. I sighted in relief but then it came. Instead of having hundreds of voices inside my head, I felt hundreds of emotions at the same time.  I looked up, so my eyes would meet Jasper's, he was the last person I talked to before it all changed yet again, but I never expected to feel what I felt when I focused on him.

Thirst, unbearable thirst. I turned to see Renesmee and felt worry, and Jacob was alarmed, I knew, they knew something was happening. As I was looking again to Jasper, and taking some steps away from him, the rest of Renesmee's family appeared. All of them feeling the same thing, alarmed, just like Jacob.

They started talking, and asking me weather if I was feeling good or that if anything happened I could always count on them for help, but something deep inside me, told me I could only really trust Renesmee. And when I focused on the rest of the family, I saw how false their words were, what I couldn't understand was why. However, I felt thankful for whatever had happened to make the voices go away, these feelings, although they could be pretty invasive, they were easier to handle.

We all heard the bell ring and every one of us went to their respective class, today I had my favorite subject: Greek history, with Renesmee.

Caius's Pov

Once again my brothers and I were sitting in our thrones, like we have been for the last three thousand years. The courtroom was surrounded by our guard while waiting for our meal. I would never understand why Aro insisted in doing this freak show for the humans that came into the castle doomed to die in this very room. As I saw Heidi enter, I adjusted myself in my throne and look to Aro while he was giving his speech once again.
My eyes traveled to find the ones of Athenodora, I once needed to see these eyes just to feel something else than anger, I knew it wasn't love, and confirmed it when Marcus told me she wasn't my mate, but after all these years I had managed to appreciate her and her company.

But for 18 years now, every time I look inside her red eyes I can only feel repulsion and an uncontrollable desire to kill her with my own hands when she calls herself my queen.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

AND THE FIRST CAIUS SCENE IS HERE!! I'm so exited !! I have been writing this chapter for around 5 days now, and I'm pretty proud of it, and seeing this many people is reading my story just makes me wanna jump all over my house while screaming (and I'm not kidding)
Anyways, as always: all critics are appreciated and personally, I love to read your coments :)

Kisses from Uruguay

Pía XOXO