Chapter 5 - Briefly....

Around five, we pull up outside my apartment — well, Kate's apartment. I live here nearly rent-free, so I really shouldn't be calling it mine. I'm like a house guest who pays for the utilities.

For a walk of shame, I don't feel that embarrassed. In fact, I feel pretty freaking great. My backside is not smarting as much since Christian rubbed on that fantastic lotion or cream or whatever the hell it was. Christian is walking me to my door for god's sake, and now it feels like I've been on a real date. Sure, a date where I signed a contract not to speak about the nature of our relationship to anyone, lost my virginity, and got smacked around five ways to Sunday, but a date nonetheless.

We make it to the apartment door and I shift my weight from foot to foot awkwardly. I guess I'm expecting him to kiss me, but time is passing and no kiss is coming. Christian is staring down at me intently, but it's like he's trying to analyze me, not woo me. If I'm being honest, I suppose he's already won me, so there's no need to pursue me. There's pain behind his eyes. I am wasting our time standing here.

"Well, I'll see you Wednesday," I mutter finally, and reach for the doorknob. He reaches out and touches my arm gently, sweetly. He's touched me everywhere at this point, in a thousand different ways, but this one is new. I turn and he takes my face in his hands, staring deeply into my eyes.

"You want me to kiss you good night," he says matter-of-factly. When I don't respond, his countenance changes, he becomes authoritative in that familiar way. This is Christian, the Dom.

"Yes, sir."

"I'm not the hearts and flowers kind of guy, Miss Steele. I've told you that."

"I know, sir."

He gently leans in and brushes his lips against mine, taking my breath away for a moment. Like hell he's not a hearts and flowers kind of guy. When I regain my composure, I bite my lip.

And then he's on me, filling my mouth with his, his hands roaming over my body until he takes my bottom lip in his teeth and bites down hard, squeezing my breast as he does so. It's awful and wonderful and completely overwhelming.

He stands up straight after a moment. I'm practically gasping for breath but he looks so composed, smoothing the strand of hair that fell from my ponytail. The salty taste of blood lingers in my mouth. I tongue my lip and find a tiny cut on the inside of it. Somehow it feels erotic, tasting my own blood.

"I am sorry about that, but I have told you repeatedly not to bite your lip," he says softly.

Just then, the door swings open and Elliot and Kate appear, as if one writhing body with four arms and four legs grasping at itself desperately. It's a bit difficult to decide where one ends and the other begins. I feel a strong pang of jealousy.

Christian clears his throat after a moment or two and they begrudgingly break apart.

"You ready?" Christian asks his brother.

"Sure thing," comes the reply, though Elliot's eyes never leave Kate's. He kisses her again, with tongue, then marches between me and Christian, calling over his shoulder to Kate, "Laters, baby."

I give Kate and incredulous look then turn to Christian. He leans in to give me a chaste peck on the cheek, whispering, "Laters, baby," in my ear. I laugh at the entirely un-Christian phrase and see his smile. He looks his age again for a split second. I want to see it again. He starts to walk away and I grab my cell phone and text him as quickly as my thumbs will fly.

*I'm wearing your underwear, Mr. Grey, I hope that's acceptable.*

His phone beeps a moment later and he fishes it out while climbing into the Audi. His eyes flash up to mine immediately in shock and I shoot him a coy smile before closing the door to the apartment. Mission accomplished.