Chapter Two

"Woodwhisker come here" Meowed Swiftstar.  Woodwhisker padded over.  "You will make a good mentor."  "You learned from the best" as he nodded to Nighttail.  "You will mentor Silverkit."

Yay thought Silverkit.  Woodwhisker always played with me in the nursery.  "Until you earn your warrior name you will be known as Silverpaw" Swiftstar said. Silverpaw squeaked his new name.

Mapleleaf gave him a disapproving look. He immediately dropped his gaze to his paws.  Woodwhisker and him touched noses.  Then he watched as Sharpkit and Wispkit got assigned to there mentors.

Sharpkit got Cloudfur and Wispkit got Rabbitleap.   Silverpaw meowed excitedly after the ceremony was "over what will we do now go fight Thunderclan,go hunting,go destroy Shadowclan?" Sharppaw scoffed "no rabbit~brain.  We'll just do what Thornpaw and Littlepaw said they did on their first day go look at the borders."

"That's right Cloudfur meowed good job."  Silverpaw thought just borders how boring.  But he trudged along after Woodwhisker,Clodfur,Rabbitleap,Wisppaw, and Sharppaw.  Silverpaw quickly learned that just because he had played with Woodwhisker did not mean he went easy on him. 

 If anything he went harder on him for it.  Silverpaw always imagined himself the best warrior strong, and brave but he realized that well he wasn't that good.  Of course a Sharppaw excelled at everything.

  But Silverpaw found himself only good at climbing trees.  And there were only like three trees in all of Windclan so it wasn't a skill recognized by other warriors.

  Wisppaw was  very good at hunting.  While Sharppaw was very good at everything.  

"Though he was probably the best fighter in the entire clan.  Which was disturbing" as Woodwhisker said.

  Silverpaw had no idea what that meant so he asked him.  Woodwhisker scoffed "you don't know what disturbing is?"  "Ugh when I was a kit my mother told me everything a rogue needed to know."  

"A rogue Silverpaw whimpered incredibly loud.  Quiet Woodwhisker said we need to catch prey.  But yes he muttered I was born a rogue."  "But Duststar was kind so he let me in.  But I'm a loyal warrior" he meowed defensively once he realized how Silverpaw was staring at him.   Only once Silverpaw got back to the apprentice den did he realize he never learned what disturbing meant.