Chapter 8 Snakefoot's POV

Snakefoot hated kits.  They were annoying, whiny, and rabbit~Brained.  So of course he had to have three of them.  

Once when he was talking to Owlclaw about this.  And he pointed out that I was once a kit so did you hate yourself? He asked.  I replied with "yes yes I did." 

 And his kits were the most annoying kits in all the moor.  Originally he had slightly liked Sharpkit now Sharppaw.  But he turned out to be a idiot who was up to no good.  Wisppaw and Silverpaw were just weak.  

But he knew the reason he actually hates those kit was because of what he had done in that battle.  It had taken away all good things in his heart and now he had made the mistake of mating Mapleleaf and..... 

 He just didn't know what to do.  He stared at the apprentice den from the entrance of one of the warrior dens.  Three of his kits were in there all three. 

 And then Sharppaw and Shredpaw  strolled out of the den and walked out to the moor.  Snakefoot jumped up and decided to follow them.  

He was going to figure out what they were doing.  And a small part of him wanted to protect them.  He didn't believe that dung that Thorntail died saving them, the rabbit~brain probably just fell off.  There was no guard because Littlepelt wanted to stay with her brother.  

So the new warrior vigil would happen tomorrow.  Cardinalfeather still hadn't shown up.  He better show up because he wasn't sure if Littlepelt could handle losing both of them.  He snuck out and followed.  

They were talking but he didn't dare get any closer to hear.  But then Sharppaw said very loudly "I'm in charge."  

Shredpaw murmured some things that seemed to calm him down.  And they kept muttering and then it hit him they were going to the Moonstone.  That thought quickly vanished under a small tree they stopped and fell asleep.  Snakefoot didn't dare move.  

What were they doing?  Then Shredpaw woke up and he stared at the spot Snakefoot was.  "Don't hide he" purred.  

He then kicked Sharppaw who was asleep but he then woke up and saw him then nodded. He tore across the moor in seconds.

  And then they were fighting.  While Shredpaw just sat there watching with a huge grin on his face.  Snakefoot had heard that Sharppaw was good.  But he was better than him.  

In seconds the fight was over.  Snakefoot was on his back.  With a claw to his throat.  "Why" he rasped.  He looked at Shredpaw who answered you know to much.  But he immediately detected that Shredpaw was lying.  

But Sharppaw didn't notice.  "Sharppaw listen to me" he rasped. "Okay"he replied. "Don't trust Shredpaw."  "Kill him" Shredpaw yowled. Now the fear was obvious.  "I'm in charge" said Sharppaw.  "Of course" Shredpaw muttered. "But what you say is rabbit~brained." Sharppaw growled.   Snakefoot eyes suddenly became lifeless. 

 "What do we do with his body" Sharppaw meowed.  "We'll bring it to camp and put it in his den." Shredpaw meowed."Make sure none of your fur is on his body."

  "But quick before sunrise." He muttered "Done" Sharppaw said after a while. Okay let's go you carry him.  Shredpaw did this so none of his scent would be on him. 

  They snuck back in and Sharppaw put the body in his den.  They almost woke Cloudfur. Little did they know that it wasn't just Snakefoot that had noticed there absence.