Chapter Ten

Silverpaw looked up at Cardinalfeather.

 He was hunting in a tree.  He jumped so gracefully as he sprinted through the trees.  Jealousy pounded through Silverpaw's heart. It was time for him to leave. 

 "Cardinalfeather" he called.  He jumped back down to the forest floor.  "What?" he meowed. "Well uhhh ummm thank you? you've uhhh really got me through this. But I think it's time I left the ahhhh woods and ahhh went back to the clan."

  There was an awkward pause.  But then surprisingly a grin broke out of Cardinalfeather's mouth.  Silverpaw just stared at him awkwardly. 

Then Cardinalfeather meowed "well I'm going with you." 

 "What?" Silverpaw asked in amazement.  I was going to force you to go anyway tomorrow Cardinalfeather said.  "I mean Sharppaw and Shredpaw might have killed the entire clan by now we have to go."  "Well good then let's go" Silverpaw meowed. "Okay mouse-brain" Cardinalfeather said purring with amusement.  

"Well then Dung-face" Silverpaw snorted.  Cardinalfeather pretended to look offended and hit him playfully.  Silverpaw responded by jumping on him.  Once they were done fighting. Cardinalfeather sighed "let's go."  

Silverpaw nodded.  He heard Cardinalfeather's heart beating and he realized that Cardinalfeather was just as scared as him if not more.  

He lifted his tail and put it on Cardinalfeather's back encouragingly.  Cardinalfeather turned to him with a thankful look and then grinned "race you there." he meowed.

 Silverpaw purred "you bet dungface.  He dashed off into the distance trailing behind Cardinalfeather. He smiled he was ready. He was going to beat Sharppaw and Shredpaw!

"Wind will be sharpened and the clans will shred."

Sorry for how short this chapter was I just felt like giving a short bonding moment between those two.  Hope you enjoyed!!! :)