Chapter Eleven

Silverpaw should have known something was up when he saw Cardinalfeather looking back and giving him a horrified glance.  But Silverpaw just ran up to him and grinned "what's up?" Cardinalfeather muttered to him to be quiet and listen.  So Silverpaw did and what he heard terrified him.  

Shredtail I will now give you your first apprentice.  "Buzzardkit come forward. From this day forward your name shall be Buzzardpaw until you earn your warrior name.  Because of the recent murders that we know are being done by Silverpaw. We need our strong and young warriors to teach the next generation" Swiftstar meowed solemnly.

 Silverpaw just stared at Cardinalfeather.  And he replied encouraging "Sharppaw got one two.  Or you could call him Sharpclaw now." Silverpaw just stood there staring at Swiftstar. "He's mental" he whispered. "Multiple murders? What does he think I did push Thorntail off the cliff? He saw Cardinalfeather wince. Sorry I didn't mean- it's fine he interrupted. He followed his gaze and saw he was staring at Littlepelt. "She looks so sad" Cardinalfeather croaked.  "How could I leave her?" We're going down he meowed abruptly. 

"Wait" he hissed. "I can't just walk down there and say hi. I'm apparently a murderer!" "Here's the plan" Silverpaw hissed.  "We have to stop them." "I need you to get a group of warriors who we can trust to come to where we stayed for two moons." "We'll meet there twice a week." "We have to stop them." "Just Don't let Shredtail and Sharpclaw get on to what you're doing." You're right Cardinalfeather said slowly.

  "We'll meet tomorrow and whenever you want." Silverpaw said.  "I won't be doing much" he meowed sarcastically. "Okay" Cardinalfeather said. Cardinalfeather was staring at Littlepelt. And then Silverpaw realized. "You can do it, be brave" he muttered in Cardinalfeather's ear and licked his fur. He shot him a thankful glance. "I got to get back, the ceremony is almost over" and he sprinted off.

Silverpaw had to sprint because soon patrols would be out and because they were on a moor so he would be seen from a mile away. He rushed into the woods. Once he was safe he listened to his surroundings. He heard the yowls and of cats they sounded like Skyclan. No big deal Silverpaw thought. Probably just ran into a fox or something. None of my business. 

He remembered there would be a gathering tomorrow he had never been to one, perhaps he would go. He fell asleep quickly he had had a long day. Little did he know Twolegs were tearing apart Skyclan territory.