Join Us

A/N: excuse me wattpad? I published this already? Why are u showing it as draft?!

After they ate and went back to their homes.

Poppy was getting ready for bed when Branch came in not even bothering to use the door and just float through it.

"So uh-," Branch was saying only to be interrupted by Poppy yelping and jumping backwards.

"Geez Branch! I know your a spirit(ghost) but please use the door next time? If its, I dont know, closed?" Poppy asked calming down from the fright Branch gave her.

"Uh yeah sorry, I was just wondering if uh, we can like, sleep in the same bed again? Not like spirits need sleep or anything but I prefer to do so anyway, so uh-," Branch was once again cut off, this time however by Poppy's alarm ringing.

On queue, Poppy closed in on Branch and gave him a big hug, cheering "Hug Time!" as she did so, Branch in turn returned the gesture.
After they parted from the hug Poppy looked up at Branch(Cause she was shorter than him slightly) and gave him a peck on the cheek before saying, "Of course! It can be a permanent thing if you want to! And of course spirits, ghost or whatevers should sleep even if they don't need to!"

Branch nodded at this and smiled Poppy and Branch was getting ready for bed, snuggling into the blankets as Branch laid next to Poppy. When they were comfortable in bed Poppy suddenly asked, "Why don't you join us at school?"

Branch looked at Poppy with an expression that could have been read as 'Seriously?'.

"Poppy I'm-," Branch answered back but was cut off by Poppy, "Dead I know, but morning classes are 4 and afternoon classes are 2 so it's just the perfect amount of time before you go less opaque, besides your maximum opaqueness is close to the point you cant even tell that your slightly transparent, it'll be fine! Plus if I can date a dead dude then a dead dude can go to school." Poppy explained leaning unto Branch's shoulder afterwards.

"Why do I love you again?" Branch asked teasingly, giving Poppy's shoulder a playfull nudge.

"I don't know, becauseeee...Your heart just chooses to feel that way?" Poppy said with an innocent axpression.

Branch snorted before pulling Poppy down into the covers since they were sitting upright on the bed. He then pulled Poppy close, closing his eyes but before drifting off to sleep he said, "You win, I'll enroll in the school."

Poppy silently cheered before snuggling closer to Branch easily drifting to sleep aswell.

ղҽ×Ե ժɑվ...

Branch and Poppy did the usual morning routine, well Poppy did, Branch packed a bag with two notebooks, his sketchpad(which was still soooooo very old), a pen, a pencil, and a few other thing, and with that, Poppy and Branch headed to the center of the neighborehood where they met up with their friends.

After giving each other a big hug Fuzbert looked at Branch curiously before asking in sign language, "Wasn't your pupils a different shade of blue from each other?"

Poppy looked at Branch and smiled nervously hoping he won't take Fuzbert's comment a different way with how she remembered Branch thinks of his eyes. Instead he chuckled awkwardly before replying, "Yeah, I changed it, well spirits or how you living people call us 'ghost' have the ability to manipulate our bodies, as you can tell in the 'ghost sightings that have been named, the forms of those spirits were warped in a way to scare people. I just use it for convenience of disguise, like how I changed form to look like my age, cause I died a kid so my primary form was that of a kid, and well the blue hair, also I just thought it's more convenient for me to keep my pupil colors the same as I dont want to attract attention, after all I'm only going cause of Poppy."

The snack pack nodded at his explanation, Poppy smiled, glad Branch didn't freak out or something and intertwined her fingers in his as all of them headed to school.

When they got to school, the snack pack went to class while Poppy and Branch went to the Principal's office to sign Branch in.

Fortunately with a little explanation, and story telling, not only did Peppy approve and support Poppy and Branch's unnatural relationship combination, but also helped in creating paperwork for Branch to help in enrolling him.

After Branch was signed in for school, he recieved a locker number which happened to be right next to Poppy's aswell as a schedule which, with the help of reasoning(Clever sarcastic comebacks by Branch), was exactly the same as Poppy's.

So now Branch and Poppy are sitting in class, chairs also right next to each other (Cause the author says so), and Poppy could be seen doodling weird scribbles on her glittery notebook, and Branch was suprisingly very attentive to the lesson being discussed, which was the genetic build of energy in our world.

Kaz/Storm(Author): So ladies and gentle men! Let this story, truly, begin.

TBC...