Suprise

School was done for the week and Poppy, Branch, and the rest of the snack pack were gathered in the park just talking about everyday things. Things have been great for a month now, everything has been peaceful, Branch has gotten closer to the snack pack and can actually be proud to call GD his best friend, Suki and GD hooked up in the middle of the month, and basically everything was peachy.

There were a few tricky situations along the road; Peppy, after the week was done, wanted to properly meet Branch since he didn't get a lot of time to talk to him, Peppy supports Branch and Poppy, and although one of the reasons he wanted to meet Branch was to see if he was really good for Poppy, the main reason is that he wanted to get along and get to know Branch more as Poppy's boyfriend. Branch at some point got self conscious that he wouldn't be a good boyfriend, which Poppy and him talked about to understand each other more.

But will see how that went in another chapter later, right now however, in present time. The gang are currently talking about pet day. Basically its a day when everyone cherish their pets, that is if they have pets.

Now Poppy has a little predicament. Her pet actually died a week before she move to Troll Vill, so not only is she feeling down about her desceased pet, but she also feels sad that she can't properly participate in her first ever oet day in Troll Vill.

"Why dont you just buy a new pet?" Branch asked non chalantly as he shrugged his shoulders in the process.

Poppy and the snack pack gasped, "Branch! Pets aren't just animals, their also family! You cant just replace them like they haven't made impact on you!" Poppy exclaimed kinda of angry.

Branch flinched slightly at the increase of tone from Poppy, suprised at the outbursr, he looked down amd simply said, "Sorry" before excusing himself with the intent to go home. "Branch I-," Poppy started wanting to apolagize, she knew how sensitive Branch's feelings were and how much she means to him, so she felt really bad even as she was scolding him.

"It's fine Poppy," Branch replied giving Poppy a sad smile as he gave Poppy a peck on the cheek, "I just feel like I'm getting more transparent, We have been out here for quite awhile now." Branch said tucking a strand of hair behind Poppy's ear as he started to walk back home.

"Ugh, I ruined it didn't I?" Poppy pouted to the others.

"You didn't, besides, didn't Branch say it was fine?" Smidge said giving Poppy an optimistic smile.

"Yeah! He understands where you come from Poppy, you don't have to worry about it." Suki added comforting her friend.

"But that's the thing! I hurt him! I know it. He says it's fine but I bet he really feels sad!" Poppy fussed taking a seat on a near by bench.

"But you didn't have bad intentions when you were scolding him, after all he was acting too harsh with animals, especially your... Pet," Fuzbert signed.

Poppy sighed, "I know, but I shouldnt have raised my voice, I should've looked at it from his perspective, which looking at it now, makes sense. He died as a kid, I doubt he ever even had a pet." she said with her head hung low.

With Branch, Wherever He Is.

Branch wondered into their house annoyed and emotionally hurt and frustrated. "She screamed at me, over a DEAD SQUIRREL no less." Branch whisper yelled to himself as he floated around the house not bothering to stay on the ground due to being alone.

He passed by the living room and sat on the sofa, throwing his head backwards so it lands on the headboard of the sofa.

Branch sighed.

He stared at the ceiling for a few minutes, calming down then looking around the room as if finding something he could do in the room, he's eyes skimmed passed some photographed pictures, specifically the one with Poppy and an animal.