Meeting the Peppy

(This happens before the Surprise chapter)

Branch woke up to a very tight hug courtesy of a sleeping Poppy. Branch snorts and gets one of his arms out of Poppy's hug and proceeded to caress her hair.

"Mmm..." Poppy mumbles from the gesture. "Wake up sleepy, you need to start fixing your stuff for school on Monday, you still haven't covered...or decorated  your notebooks." Branch said trying to nudge Poppy awake.

"Five more minutesss." Poppy whined tightening her arms around Branch as she buries her face into his neck. Branch blushed a bit before clearing his throat, "C'mon Poppy, we gotta go over to your dad's place later as well right?"

With this, Poppy grumbled a bit into Branch's neck before pushing herself up. She yawned, mumbling a "Good morning" whilst doing so before getting off the bed to get ready for the day.

Branch chuckled to himself at the actions before floating upwards through the wall and into one of the sections in the attic. Branch readies himself for meeting Poppy's dad, honestly speaking what does a spirit do for first impressions to his girlfriend's Dad? 

Meanwhile, Poppy is in the bathroom freshening up and getting ready for the day. She had called her dad, she was so excited to spend time with him, especially since Branch was gonna come along. Branch's first meeting with her dad wasn't really a meeting since they had to rush getting paperwork done so Branch can actually be registered to school AND the neighborhood. After all, Branch can't very well just suddenly be a new student at school when he hasn't even actually been seen to live in their town. So Peppy had to also make documents for his 'move' to Troll Town. The story they decided to go with is that Branch actually came from a really remote place and met Poppy and her friends at Bergen Vill during her last month there. They decided that Poppy managed to convince Branch to move to Troll Town but he got delayed and arrived later than the rest of them. Poppy and Branch already explained this cover story to the rest of the snack pack so they know what to say if it's ever brought up.

Poppy exited the bathroom, her thoughts about how they essentially gave Branch an identity for the town being interrupted by seeing Branch on the couch. OMG, he looks so gooddd! Poppy thought to herself as she internally squealed.

Branch sat on the couch wearing white combat boots, a pair of light blue ripped jeans, a white T-shirt that says 'Don't Mess With Me', and a green jersey jacket that hadn't been buttoned up. Upon seeing Poppy he got off the couch and with the most charming smile, according to Poppy that is, that he had outstretched his hand before saying, "Shall we go Pops?"

Poppy unable to contain her bubbly emotions ran up to Branch and enveloped him in a BIG hug. "Branch! My Man! You look really good!" Poppy exclaimed tightening her hug on Branch for a few seconds before releasing. "Geez Poppy," Branch started wheezing, "I'm not even wearing that fancy of clothes, it's just casual clothes Pops" he finished.

Poppy giggled before replying, "Well yeah, but Brancchh I've never seen you wear casual clothing! When we went to the mall you were just wearing your usual brown long shorts and your T-shirt!"

Branch snorted, he looked at Poppy with an amused expression. "Well, now you've seen me wear casual clothes, and I gotta say you look really good too...In casual clothes." Branch said as he snickered about the last bit. Poppy snickered a bit before simply doing a curtsey with her skirt and saying, "Why thank you, my good sir!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Upon arriving at Peppy's house Poppy excitedly knocks on his door as Branch shuffles on his feet as he tries to mentally prepare himself to properly meet Poppy's dad.