Pet Day

Pet day has finally come! Poppy wanted to suprise her friends with her having Frost back into her life, being a ghost spirit thing doesnt matter! What's more is that Branch can join since he has Sapphire! Well Sapphire is more his daughter than a pet but she's still his animal friend so why not!

"Da!" Phi said flapping her wings attempting to fly only fall flat on the floor.

Branch flew in as quick as he could picking her up and trying to make her feel better at her faliure in flying.

Poppy walked in, coming from the bathroom with a towel in her hair and a light blue dress.

She saw the scene before her, "Awwww that's so cutttee!!!" she said before walking towards him and Phi then setting her self down on the couch.

"So! What's the agenda for today?" Branch asked brushing Phil's fur (Sapphire is one of those furry dragons).

"The agenda is Pet Day silly!" Poppy squealed in delight, picking up Frostie off the table nuzzling her nose on the small animal's nose.

"Oh, so basically it's love your pet more than your boyfriend day?" Branch looked at Poppy with a cheeky smirk.

"Oh, Branch don't be a jello,  as much as I loovvee eating jello... Don't be one!" Poppy said pointing a finger at him in a dramatic way.

"Oh woe is me! My girlfriend is accusing me of being food when I, in fact, am a spirit! A very nice and lovable one at that!" Branch dramatically said,  tossing his head back as he held his arms in defense as if protecting himself from further banter.

Poppy rolled her eyes but had a smile on her lips nonetheless. She stood up picked up a shoulder bag, squirrel still at hand as she headed for the door, "You gonna accompany your girlfriend on Pet Day or what?" Poppy snickered.

Branch got up, set Sapphire on his shoulder, and changed his clothes with his ghostly abilities. Branch then followed Poppy out the door.

Poppy and Branch headed for the park where most of the pet owners were bringing their pets. Branch decided on the way to put Sapphire in his bag because people might freak out with the existence of dragons.

When both of them got into the park, they looked around for the snack pack but couldn't. That was when they saw Smidge waving at them from behind a bush.

After following her they ended up in a clearing.

"Woah, mad respect for the great spot!" Branch said looking around.

"Thanks, we used to fix this place up when we were kids, we still do but you get the point." Biggie said.

Branch and Poppy took a seat in the little circle the snack pack has. "So, what exactly do you guys do on Pet Day?" Branch asked, hugging his backpack close to him as he opened it a bit more to let more air in.

"Well we mostly just hang out with each other and our pets, we talk about them and basically just hang out." Suki exclaimed patting the head of what seemed to be a hedgehog.

"Well guess what guys?? Frostie is backkk!!!" Poppy squealed putting Frostie on the ground,  Frostie squeaking in delight.

"Omg! He's as adorable as before! He's a ghost now too?!" Smidge exclaimed as she took a tiny peanut and handed in to Frostie, only for Frostie to look at it in confusion.

"Spirits can't eat remember? Well, we can, but it doesn have any taste." Branch explained.

"Oh yeah." Smidge mumbled out feeling bad for tempting the squirrel.

Branch's bag started to shake and rattle making Branch loose his grip on it. The bag's zipper opened up and Sapphire poked her head out.

"Pi?" She squeaked out.

The snack pack all looked at Sapphire with Star eyes as they all awed in unison.

Sapphire shrank back in fear from the attention, Branch noticing this, picked her up from the bag and gently hugged her patting her head till she calms down from the overload of attention.

"She's still a baby so go easy on her." Branch said being all protective.

The snack pack snickered at one another before approaching sapphire in a gentler way.

Branch, Poppy, and the snack pack spent the entire day playing with their animal friends. Sunset came and the group of friends parted ways with their ticketed out pets.

Once Branch and Poppy got home, Branch flopped on to the bed Sapphire curling up next to him as Poppy followed suit.

Poppy stared at the ceiling unable to fall asleep.

"Isn't it suppose to be me who doesn't need to sleep?" Poppy heard Branch say in a husky voice,  obviously only half awake.

Poppy chuckled tiredly before replying, "I'm just thinking."

Branch turned to face her, "THE Poppy? Thinking? Are you OKAY?" He said with a playful tone in his voice.

Poppy faced Branch with a gentle smile, "Yeah... Hey Branch?" she asked dace going serious.

"Mhm?" Branch mumbles back showing he was listening and urging her to continue.

"Do you... Think it will stay this way?" She asked looking worried.

"What do you mean?" Branch replied.

"Well, I still don't know how things are gonna go, and right now I am loving it, us I mean, but I'm just scared its not gonna be like this forever." Poppy explained with a hint of sadness in her voice.

"Well, I can't say for sure that it's gonna stay like this. I can't say we're not gonna face any difficulties either, but I do know so long as we move forward together things will be just fine." Branch explained looking into Poppy's eyes as he held her hand under the sheets.

"Right now, we should just try to make the most of every second together, okay?" Branch added with a close eyed smile.

Poppy smiled, leaned her forehead against Branch's and closed her eyes.

"Okay... " she said as she drifted to sleep.

To be Continued...