Chapter 1

I'm the new kid in Richmond Hills. They don't call it "rich" for nothing. Yeah this neighborhood is where all the rich kids live. I didn't want to move here of course, but I was kind of forced to. My mom got a new job. This job is supposed to give her enough money to afford our huge house here in San Jose. Also her job paid for the whole moving deal. The reason my mom got the job? My dad passed away not too long ago. It's been a rough whole month without him. My mom rushed to find a new job after his passing. I haven't quite gotten over his passing since he died, but I'm moving through it.

I grab the last box out of the moving truck and walk it halfway up to the house. I stop and glance up at the massive thing. This house could fit at least 10 people, but nope it's just the two of us right now. I put the box down on the front porch and sit next to it. I put my head in my hands. Why couldn't we just buy a little house? Just for the two of us? I feel a light tap on my shoulder.

"Hey mom."

"Johnnie, you're going to love it here. It's a beautiful house. I came to tell you the movers should be leaving soon," she assures me.

"Okay," I glance at her between strands of hair.

She gives a forced smile then goes back into the house. My mom hasn't quite gotten over dad's passing either.

I grab the box and go into the house. The box is labeled kitchen so I put it in there then I go up the stairs to my room. I haven't gotten to peek at it since I've been helping moving boxes all day. When I walk into the room I gasp. It's gigantic. There's a walk in closet. A bathroom with two sinks and a walk in shower. A window where I can sit and look out.

My bed is the only thing in the room at the moment, but my mom said I could get more stuff for it. I'll most likely fill the walls with posters. A TV would complete the room though. I would watch Netflix on it. I start fantasizing about what I could do. I jump when I hear a voice.

"Mom, you scared," it's not her, "me."

"I'm dropping off the TV your mom ordered for you in here," the mover huffs.

My jaw drops when I see the size of the TV.

My mom walks in behind the mover, "just set it by that wall," she motions to the far side of the room.

"There you go ma'am," the mover nods and walks out.

"I got you the TV for being such a good sport about things," she ruffles my hair.

"Mom, I'm 17. I'm not a little kid anymore," I laugh.

"Whatever," she rolls her eyes, "why don't you go take a walk around the neighborhood?" She suggests.

"Alright," I agree.

I leave my mom in the room so she can clean it. I walk down the stairs and out the door. It's pretty sunny out except for some clouds, but it's hotter than hell still. I take a right down the next street. I put my hands in my hoodies pockets. I wear a lot of black most of the time. It doesn't help with the heat. I always wear my skinny jeans as well. Never shorts.

I keep walking down the street slowing down when I see some kids. They stop what their doing and stare at me. They have to only be seven, and they're already wearing polos and khaki pants. I stare back. They run into the house. I let out a groan. I decide to turn around and go back to the house.

~~~~

When dinner time comes around mom decides to go out to get some pizza. She doesn't have all her pots and pans unpacked yet. Plus we barely have any food at all. All the food we have is what is left over from the drive here.

I'm sitting on my bed. Lucky for me, my mom got the wifi set up pretty quick. I sit there on my phone looking at Instagram and Twitter. I also have my own YouTube channel I have to keep up with. I'm not very popular on it yet, but I'm getting there. Well I guess you can say I'm getting there. I have 2,000 subscribers at the moment. Which, to me, is pretty damn good.

I check both Instagram and Twitter one last time then put the phone down. I think about how I have school tomorrow. I offered to stay home with mom to help clean and unpack, but she insisted I start school as quick as possible.

I decide to get up and unpack the boxes with my clothes in them. I pull mostly everything out, which isn't much. I glance at all my clothes. Black, black, dark red, black, dark blue, skinny jeans. Make that about ten pairs of skinny jeans. I pick an outfit. I sound like a girl, but I have to look good on my first day at the new school. I also start unpacking my video recording crap. I have a shit ton of it since I plan on becoming a famous YouTuber. I look at all the stuff on my floor. I made bigger mess than I thought I would.

I hear the garage door open so I sprint downstairs. I'm starving. I love to eat junk food, but somehow I manage to stay skinny. I open the door for my mom. She comes in and places the pizza and breadsticks on the kitchen table.

While we're eating we chat about the new house and how things will run from now on.

"So are you excited for school tomorrow, Johnnie?" She changes the subject.

"Yeah. I mean. Well yeah," I force out.

Really I'm not ready at all.

"You're going to have a good day," she convinces me.

After putting dishes away in the dishwasher I decide to go and shower up. I strip and take out my gauges. I look at myself in the mirror, shrug, and walk in. This shower is amazing.

When I'm done, I grab my towel and go back into my room to sit on the bed. I sit there for a good ten minutes until I'm ready to blow dry my hair. Yeah I like to blow dry my hair. Since it's so long, I have to. Plus I like to style it just right in the morning.

After Im done drying it I get my pajamas on. By this time it's already 10 o'clock. I say goodnight to my mom, check Instagram one last time, and then I'm off to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~

Hello! I hoped you enjoyed the first chapter! I will be updating whenever I get a chance, so maybe every other day or so :)