Chapter 11

~~~~Kyle's P.O.V~~~~

A another week goes by, and I haven't seen Johnnie. He hasn't been responding to my texts, and it's gotten me worried sick. Apparently he hasn't been talking to Elizabeth either. Even at school. It's like he disappears during lunch she tells me over and over again. I end up calling him today for the first time. The phone rings and rings, but no one answers and it goes to voicemail.

"Hey Johnnie. Just calling to see what happened to you. Give me a call back when you have the time," I say into the phone then hang up.

After a good hour of no response, I drive over to his house. His mom answers the door.

"Hello Ms. Guilbert. Is Johnnie home?" I ask her.

"He said he was going to the park for a little bit, so check there hun."

"Okay thanks," I head back to my car and ride over to the park. I don't see Johnnie, but I decide to get out and look.

I look around until I see a shadow in the tube slide. I go up to it to get a closer look. Johnnie is sitting there sobbing.

"Johnnie?"

He looks up at me, his eyes bloodshot and his face red.

"Let's get you out of there," I put out my hand and he takes it.

We walk to my car and I take him to my house. The ride is quiet except for Johnnie who doesn't stop sobbing the whole way to my house. We get out and I take his hand. I lead him into my room where he goes directly to the bed.

"So, what happened? Don't you lie to me either," I command.

"Aaron. He beat the shit out of me," Johnnie bursts into tears even more.

"Is that why you have a jacket on in 100 degree weather?" I cross my arms.

"Ye...yeah," he continues to sob.

"Lets take it off," I go over and help him take it off.

He whines in pain as I pull his shirt off his head. His torso has bruises all over it. I notice he puts his hand on his wrist. No no no. I take his hand off and beneath are cuts.

"Johnnie..."

"I'm sorry," he bursts into tears once again.

I sit on the bed next to him and wrap my arms around him, "I'm sorry this happened to you."

He lays his head on me and just lets everything out, "Aaron has beaten me up everyday this week. I didn't even do anything to him. He just chose me to beat up. He loves to call me a faggot too."

"Oh," I let out a sigh, "Johnnie, you have to tell your mom about this. She can help."

"No."

I run a hand through my hair, "alright."

We sit there for a good while before he finally calms down.

"You're staying here for the night. I don't want you going home to do that again," I point to his wrist.

"Okay," he sniffles.

"Let me go tell my mom. I'll be right back," I leave the room.

~~~~Johnnie's P.O.V~~~~

I sit on the bed, waiting or Kyle to come back. I try to think of what I can do to make Aaron stop beating me up. I can't take it anymore. It hurts me both pysically and emotionally. He finally comes back with ice cream and a movie. I smile just a bit.

"Thought you might like to watch movies all day. Let's get some pjs for you and I," he goes into his dresser and picks out some pajama bottoms for the both of us, "want a shirt too?"

I shake my head, "nah. I'm hot anyway."

"Yes you are," Kyle winks at me and I blush.

I scoot back against the wall. Kyle puts the movie in then crawls onto the bed and onto me. He pecks my lips. I smile at him and pull him in for a deeper kiss. He pulls away when there's a knock on the door.

"Hey hun, I'm going to the store," his mom says through the door.

"Okay," he responds.

He looks at me with a deep blush across his face, so I pull him back in. By this time the movie has already started. We pull away breathless. Kyle gets off of me and plops down so that his head is on my lap. I start playing with his hair while watching the movie.

~~~~~~~~~

Two hours later I'm almost asleep. I look down at Kyle who IS sleeping. I play with his hair. He looks up at me with sleepy eyes.

"I have a question," I say.

"Yeah?" he says with a sleepy voice.

"Will you be my boyfriend?"

"I thought..."

"I changed my mind, babe. I have to be gay. Well maybe not gay, but definantly bi," I shrug.

"Okay," he smiles at me, "then yes I will be your boyfriend," he sits up and kisses my cheek.

I giggle.