31 | Attack on Citadel

Narrator: "Captured! Returning from a perilous assignment in The Outer Rim, Jedi Master Even Piell's cruiser has fallen under attack, and been boarded

Narrator: "Captured! Returning from a perilous assignment in The Outer Rim, Jedi Master Even Piell's cruiser has fallen under attack, and been boarded. Seeking vital information he carries about secret Hyperspace lanes called The Nexus Route, Separatist forces have taken him alive. Now the jedi are preparing a stealth mission into the heart, of separatist space in an effort to rescue Master Piell. From the deadly prison known as, The Citadel"

💫

The hologram replayed on the circular table in the Jedi Temple war room, demonstrating surveillance footage of a massacre on yet another planet performed by the same beast who attacked the defenseless civilians on Sorgan. Two fellow Jedi were involved in this new attack, Master Halsey and his Padawan Knox, and both of them were killed by this unhinged warrior. With the recording, it's hard to miss the brutal, merciless tactics that were used against the two Jedi. Dakota pressed her fingers on the blue button in front of her on the table and paused the recording.

His holographic face was visible, and he prepared to slam the sharp end of his spear into the chest of Master Halsey. Defeat sent her shoulders dropping, and she rested her fingers over top of her lips, giving a slow shake of her head. Halsey had been a youngling at the same time as her while growing up at the Temple. The weight of his loss hit the hearts of everyone "Savage Oppress" she spoke the name out loud, having previously gained intel on his name and information from Obi-wan and Anakin, who had been tasked to find the source of the threat who had already caused the Jedi much trouble.

It turned out that he was the new right-hand assassin to Count Dooku, leaving Asajj Ventress out of the equation entirely. Dakota never cared for Ventress, they never had the unfortunate opportunity to cross paths. She had only ever heard stories of the crafty, dual-sabered witch.

The door to the war room slid open, and a figure emerged in and started down the stairs behind her "Are you searching for something in these recordings?" he asked.

"No Master, just observing" she glanced away from the hologram as Mace Windu paused next to her at the table.

"You're observing the same recording over and over again?" he raised his eyebrow, already knowing that there was more to her vague response.

Of course the Master could see right through her, there was never a time in her life where he didn't. As a Padawan, it would annoy her how quick he was to pick up on her thoughts, but now, she counts on it, because she would never say them out loud "This is the same one that attacked the village" she pulled the small black lever down on the panel, dissolving every part of the hologram except for Savage Oppress "he keeps popping up and posing a threat"

"The council is aware of this" Mace eyed the Dathomirian with yellow markings on his skin "However, there isn't much that we can do about it now unfortunately. Count Dooku's new Assassin has fallen quiet since this attack" he referenced to Master Halsey and his Padawan's death.