10: It's All Good Then

Jeongyeon

1 month ago (Before Paris)

When making a diagnosis as a doctor, I make sure to tell all of my patients everything honestly. It was easy for me since most of my patients are strangers to me. Telling them that they are dying, that they have a terminal disease or their life is in danger, it was easy for me.

But now, I felt every sympathy and fear as I told my besfriend that she have a cancer. Hearing her say that she puts all of her trust and hope in me, makes me nervous and scared of what outcome it may give.

I can't get out of my head the sad smile that Chaeyoung gave me before walking out of my office. I wonder how Mina will react if Chaeyoung tells her everything about it.

I was full with thoughts of Chaeyoung when two knocks were heard at my condo's door, I find it strange because I wasn't expecting anyone. I walked closer to the door and opened it, surprised to see an unexpected guess right in front of me.

"Nayeon? What are you doing here?" I asked her but she didn't answer so I just told her to come in. She just came inside and I followed her, closing the door behind me.

"This is unexpected. What brings you here?" I asked but she didn't respond again. I chose to just stand behind her and wait for her to speak. But as I wait in silence I heard sobs coming from her, she covered her mouth and sat on the floor. I panicked, so I rushed in front of her. I knelt to her level and put my hands on her shoulder, shaking her a bit.

"Hey, are you okay? Nayeon, why are you crying?" I asked still shaking her on the shoulders just enough not to hurt her.

"I-I'm sorry Jeongyeon. I'm sorry." She said as she get on her knees and held my left hand with both of her hands.

"For what, Nayeon? You've never done anything wrong." I said as I wiped her tears with my right hand. I slowly guided her to stood up and led her to sat on the couch.

For about an hour, we were just sitting here, with her continuously apologizing to me and me saying that it's okay. She was crying on my chest and I was trying my best to comfort her until she fell asleep.

I waved my hand in front of her face to see if she's in deep sleep. When I made sure that she won't wake up, I lift her up and carried her to my bedroom. I gently put her down, scared that I might wake her up.

When I succeeded on laying her down in my bed, I sat on the side just to adore her face.

"You've been through so much because of me, Nayeon. I'm so sorry for breaking your heart and making you cry." I started talking by myself and held her hand. "You're right, I should've told you before, I should've just ask you to wait for me, I should've just tell you why I left. Maybe it wouldn't be so complicated right now if I did." I continued and tears are forming in my eyes again. I really hate being so weak to cry all the time.

"I was so selfish, I don't deserve you. But I still want to have you,

I want to fight for you.

Even if you have someone else right now,

I want to take you away from that guy.

I want to have you once again,

Even if it's a sin, I'd still want you, because I can commit millions of sins just to have you once again, Nayeon." I said lastly and left a kiss on her forehead before leaving the room.

I just slept on the couch for tonight, I don't want her to think that I'm taking advantage of the situation. I maybe reckless at times but I still know how to respect a girl, especially the girl I love.