4

"how did you know where my house was?" Alyssa asked as she climbed off of Pauls back, sliding onto the forest floor just a few trees away from her garden.
"I...well... When I " Paul stuttered his cheeks turning red, he didn't mean to be creepy but he had done patrol a few times since he had imprinted and couldn't help but trace her smell and check if she was okay.
"your cute when your embarrassed" she said "turn around" he raised his eyebrows questioning me before she sighed and began taking off the shirt he had given her , his eyes widened in shock before he turned around, Alyssa laughed as she threw it to him.
"you looked so cute in my top" he sulked as he looked at it in his hands.
"maybe you'll get to see me in it again" she raised her eyes, wondering if she had crossed line
"I'm going to see you again?" he asked, sounding hopeful. Alyssa smirked.
"that depends" she said looking up from her hands fiddling in front of her.
"on what?" he asked his hands scratching the back of his head
"you free tomorow?" she asked.

As she stepped into her living room an impending sense of doom hit her as she remembered her father was away on a work trip. Only mum was home. Alyssa bit her lip before fully revealing myself.
"hi mum" she said nervously. Stella stood up immediately walking over to her only a few inches away, Alyssa looked up to meet her cold blue eyes.
"you better have a good reason for not being at school" she warned her eyes held rage and fury, Alyssa cowered under her glare
"these girls were being mean to me" she confessed hoisting her bag onto her shoulders as it began to slip.
"why were they being mean to you?" she questioned, less in intrigue than of want for material to bully her daughter with.
"this boy got handsy and I told him to stop bit he didn't and then he told everyone that we..." Alyssa stopped when she saw pure hatrid on her mothers face, she slapped her daughter on the cheek, Alyssa felt a stinging throbbing, pain on her face as she rose her hand to it, she winced as her cold hand made contact to the red mark.
"don't go slutting around if your not prepared to deal with the consequences! " she screamed as she pointed upstairs "go to your room, I don't want to see your face" Alyssa immediately ran upstairs holding back the tears, not wanting stella to get the satisfaction of her sobbing.

As soon as she reached her room she crawled into bed, muffling her cries with the pillow as her tears soaked the fabric. This had been happening for years now, usually dad could calm Stella down, Alyssa could see the life that had drained out of him, she could see the shell of the man she used to know. Now he was trodden on by the people at his work, trodden on by Stella, he was something Alyssa had to make happy, but she could see that it was impossible yo make someone so numb feel anything.W hen he was away she was like a bear out of hibernation, clawing and growling for her next meal, her eyes stung to look into. Her crying subsided after a few minutes, she sat up in her bed, a small smile crept onto her face as she remembered hers and Paul's date plans for tomorow, Alyssa reached across the bed and found her phone lying face down, she opened up the contacts and found his number under Pauline, she giggled through the left over tears on her face and began texting him.

From alyssa ( sent 12:06)
Hey, hope I didn't keep you waiting 😉

She smiled at the nerves bubbling in her stomach, nobody had ever made her feel anything like this before.

From Pauline (sent 12 :06)
You had me worried, thought your mum really did kill you

She bit her lip as she contemplated her reply, laughing at the irony of it all.

From alyssa (sent 12 :07)
Close enough though, got a bruise on my cheek already lol

Alyssa looked in the mirror of her bathroom, setting the phone down on the counter to inspect the pink on her cheek slowly turning purple, Alyssa grabbed the concealer from the top drawer and applied it to her cheek wincing slightly at the dull pain. She looked over her handy work, Alyssa had become well practised in covering up her bruises. She walked back to her bedroom and began tidying, Alyssa tied her hair up in a bun, threw off her cardigan and got to work.