16

Alyssa lay in Paul's bed, curled up in her own warmth under the covers,the absence of Paul upset her slightly but then she spread her arms and legs to the full length of the bed and sighed in content. The sound of pots and pans downstairs caught Alyssas attention, she pulled on one of Paul's t shirts and rushed downstairs, stopping when she locked eyes with Emily.
"I'm so sorr-" Emily was cut off by the wind being taken from her lungs as Alyssa smothered her in a bone crushing hug. Alyssa stepped away from her when she heard Emily gasping for air, Alyssa chuckled lightly before her expression returned to sadness.
"look, Paul told me about your father, I'm so sorry you had to go through that" Alyssa said as she lowered herself to the table.
"no, I acted immature yesterday, I really thought I was over my dad's death but, I don't think you ever really get over losing someone like that" Emily realised what she had said, her hands clasped in Alyssas. "Im sorry I shouldn't have said that"
"no! No I'm glad someone's telling it to me straight, i don't think I'll ever get over it but maybe after I give him a good send off it might make me feel better" Alyssa smiled weakly.
"we will all be here to help you, you don't have to do this alone" Emily insisted squeezing her hands, wishing someone had been there for her when her father died.
Alyssa smiled to her, a real smile, and looked to the pile of dishes in the sink.
"need a hand?" Alyssa asked.
"god yes!" Emily exclaimed with a chuckle before standing up and heading to the mop bucket. Alyssa didn't fail to notice Emily wiping off her tears with the back of her hand.
"enough of the sappy talk let's get to work" Emily smiled at Alyssa as she saw her brightening up.
"some music?"

Emily and Alyssa were sat in the living room, eating muffins and watching 13 going on 30 for the tenth time that month when the pack came crashing through the door. Alyssa jumped up with a smile on her face, tugging down Paul's huge jumper so it went a little bit below her thighs as Paul came peering through the doorway, smiling when he locked eyes with his Hermosa, running toward her immediately and pushing her back onto the sofa, landing ontop of her, his knees on either side of her as he buried his head in her neck, Alyssa ran her hands down his muscly back, at times like those he reminded her of a puppy. Paul started kissing his way up her neck, making her giggle before he trapped her lips in his.

"hey" Paul said breathlessly as he looked into Alyssas eyes below him
"you shoud be glad I phased or you would be completely crushing me right now" Alyssa laughed along with Paul.
"I missed you" he whispered his forehead leant against hers
"I missed you too" she whispered, kissing him one last time.
"Paul!" Sam shouted in a gruff voice from the doorway, Paul groaned loudly before flopping off Alyssa's lap and landing beside her on the sofa, Alyssa laughed at the dissapointment in Paul's face, her laugh growing when Emily slapped Sam's arm and rolled her eyes dramatically.
"Paul we need to talk" Alyssa smiled sadly at him, and grabbed him by the hand, hauling him off the sofa easily and heading for the stairs, Sam threw them both a suspicious glare.
"don't worry Sam, Paul's not really my type" she teased, smiling at the low growl coming from Paul's throat as Sam let's out a roar of laughter.

"so what did you want to talk about?" Paul asked after he shut the door behind them pulling Alyssa to the foot of bed and sitting beside her.
"I want your help with planning my father's funeral" the smile wiped of Paul's face, his eyes immediately going down to their entwined hands.
"right yeah that" Paul said, looking as though he was trying to sort his words carefully.
"no, guapo don't be sad, I just, I think I need to get all of this sorted y'know?"
Paul nodded in understanding, squeezing her hand tightly.

"I know you're sad, and I know you're sad because you think I'm sad but, I honestly think he did me a favour, I was trapped there and the only thing stopping me from leaving was my dad, I think in a way I thought I was saving him by staying and now I guess he's released me, opened the gate? " Alyssa tried to explain
"he's still my hero, he's still in my heart but I'm not all that sad that he's gone. I don't know. maybe that makes me soul less" Paul caressed her cheek with his free hand.
"your not soul less, you have one of the most colourful souls I've ever seen" Paul smiled to her.
"oh you've seen it have you?" Alyssa teased wiping a tear off her cheek with the back of her hand.
"well I've spent a lot of time looking into you're eyes, and you know what they say" Paul inferred smiling to himself.
"God when did you get do sentimental" Alyssa giggled again.
"ever since I first heard you're laugh"