Chapter Four

Logan's POV

What is happening to me? I don't understand my actions over the last twenty-four hours I look down at sleeping a Sloan I just brought her home from the hospital I found her having a panic attack in her car she could barely breath and she was crying.

It never used to bother me what she did or how she felt I have gone out of my way these last six months to make her life hell I will admit that I am have been a dick to her maybe even worse but I didn't know all the facts.

I thought she was a spoilt princess who was marrying just because she wanted a step up or a stud like me, I hated her I even called her a whore but now... Now that I know the truth, I feel different towards her for some reason.

All of this started Saturday night, I was left standing alone at a banquet one that I actually need her to be at to be by my side to show that we were actually a happy couple but she stood me up. At first, I was hurt and then when people started talking about us, I got pissed and raving mad I have been known to have a very bad temper and she pushed all my buttons that night.

I came home early to see what was so damn important to her that she forgot about the banquet but when I got home no one was here the house was completely empty. I sat and waited for her to come home I wanted to unleash my wrath on her and the later it got the angrier I got.

Then after ten she walked into house for a minute, I was shocked and thought it was a stranger as what she was wearing was not what I'm used to seeing her in. She was dressed in jeans and a crop top that left her middle on full display and I couldn't help but notice her navel ring the little red ring sparkling against her skin.

Which only added to my anger for some reason and I lost it I yelled at her I grabbed her and pushed her against the wall. I was trying not to lose it but I did I left and went to my dad I told him that I couldn't do it anymore and he said if I wanted to back out, he wouldn't stop me but I should try holding on for six more months.

I still don't see why he wants me to stay hitched to this woman besides the fact that her father has money. I don't get it but he seems determine for me to stay married to her for some reason and I want to know why.

I turn walking out of the room this is the second time I have entered her room since we got married the first was Sunday morning. Jane our housekeeper had come to me when I was on my way out to see Hanna my mistress, she told me that Sloan was passed out in her room.

At first, I didn't care but then I felt this uneasiness in my stomach as I drove down the drive way and I turned back. When I walked in the scene that I saw shocked me Sloan laying on her bathroom floor her pale fragile figure looked lifeless and I was fearful that she had taken her own life.

The thought that my actions drove her to something like that scared me I never wanted to hurt her not like that I just wanted her to be gone from my life but not int that way. When I picked her up and she didn't move I was scared out of my mind at how light and lifeless she felt.

It wasn't until I rested her in bed that she made a small groan so soft I could barely hear it, I had Jane call up the doctor and he came to look at her. He told me that she was weak and dehydrated he gave her an ivy to hydrate her and that's when I saw her hand it was red and bruised.

I felt so numb and cold thinking that I did that to her it made me question everything including the person I was becoming. I don't want to be a monster after the doctor assured me that she would be okay I did a deeper search on her.

I found out that she is a painter a very good one and she has galleries in L.A. where she lived before coming here. She wasn't just a spoilt rich girl like I originally thought she is an independent person it still doesn't add up why she would agree to marry me.