Chapter Twenty-One

Logan's POV

I wake from my sleep as I feel lips kiss me, I open my eyes to see Sloan sitting on the bed with me I smile taking her in I know how lucky I am to have her in my life. She loves me as I am and that is all I ever wanted from someone and I have her.

I know that I have asked a lot of her to come back home with me she wanted to stay away from the drama and I don't blame her a lot has happened in this town with my mom everything I really wanted to keep her away from that but I have the company and family to get back.

So, I brought her here to this new house that I bought far from town our own little private estate where we can both just be happy and even though it's been a few hours I know that we can be happy here.

"What time is it?" I ask looking around at the setting sun.

"Time for dinner" she says giving me a small smile.

I get out of bed following her downstairs I was expecting us to just grab some food and head into the tv room to cuddle but what I saw was not what I had in mind. My mother sitting at our dining table with food all around.

I have been dreading seeing my mother I know how she feels about Sloan and she made it very clear when she kept Sloan's true conditions from me. I know I was the one who sent her to hurt Sloan but she could have died and she would have let me carry that guilt with me and I don't think I am ready to speak with her.

"Hello son" she stands walking over to me reaching to hug me but I step back.

I don't even know how she got my address or what she is doing here but I don't have anything to say to her and with all that is going on with me and Sloan she is the last person I want to see right now.

"What are you doing here?" I ask and she looks down at her hand before giving me a sad look.

"Can we just talk?" she says and I shake my telling her no.

"Logan just hear her out" Sloan says and I look at her as if she is crazy. "She's your mother, talk to her"

"No, I have nothing to say to her" I tell her turning to leave when Sloan grabs my hand stopping me.

"She's your mother Logan" Sloan tells me strongly.

I look down at her blue eyes tearing up I know that she is feeling strongly towards my mother and with her pregnancy hormones she is seeing only good right now and it's making me questions her judgement. But she does have a point she is my mother and I owe her this one sit down.

"Fine, I will have dinner with her but if she says one thing, I don't like I'm done" I tell them and Sloan smiles.

"I'll leave you two to talk" she says taking up her phone from the table walking out.

I turn to look at the woman who gave life to me she raised me she knows me but she always like to try and control things and I am not about that especially when it comes to my wife. I take a seat at the table I look up at her.

"So, what do you want to talk about?" I ask wanting this meeting to be over.

"I just wanted to see how you were doing" she tells me.

"As you can see, I'm doing great I am happy I have my wife by my side and she is everything I ever wanted" I say and she gives me a smile.

"So, she makes you happy?"

"Very" I tell her seriously and she nods.

"Well I'm happy for you"

I want to believe that my mother is truly happy for me but she has been against us since we got married and I just don't trust her right now and until she proves herself to me, I am keeping her in the dark about my life.