Chapter Nine

Sloan's POV

To say I am nervous would be to say that the world is flat I am nothing but nerves I don't know why I talked myself into this I should have just agreed with Logan when he said that he didn't want to go but no I had to play mortar to the good will and now I am being fed to the wolf I know I am.

Tonight, is his parent's anniversary party and we being all going right now I am standing in our room getting ready. Lori and Annie took me shopping today and Logan instructed them to get me the best dress his black AmEx card could buy.

So here I stand in a blood red dress that drags on the ground it has a slit on one side running up to my thighs. The middle is tight and holds my midsection really tightly the top is lace it goes around my neck leaving my back on full display.

I wanted to put my hair up to show off the design of the dress but Logan told them to ensure I keep it down around me in straight waves brushing over my back. Lori and Annie did my makeup light to keep my natural complexion and red lips I look completely different.

It's been ages since I dressed up like this I feel as if I'm not even in my own skin, at times like this is see so much of my mother in me her eyes her hair I really am my mother's daughter. I stand just looking at myself before Logan walks into the room he looks up at me and his eyes go wide.

It takes him a few good minutes before he registers that it's me and he smiles making me blush.

"Please tell me I'm dreaming" he says and I shake my head telling him no.

He walks up to me taking me in and I can see that he is in shock at who he is looking at he smiles giving me a kiss and I kiss him back. This has become a regular thing for us kissing our making out it feels so normal yet so amazing every time his lips touched mine.

I keep telling myself that it's a dream that I am going to wake up and he is still cold and hates me but when I look in his eyes everything just feels right. We stand kissing for a while before Annie walked in and broke us up.

"Your ruining my look" she scolds Logan but he could careless he just has a silly grin on his face and lipstick. "Back away mister" Annie pulls me from him. "Go clean your face"

Annie takes me to her room fixing my makeup she has been happy these last few weeks she's heading home in a few days I offered her my condo to stay in. I know that she is putting on a brave face for all of us but she is dying inside and I don't want that for her she deserves to be happy they all do.

After my make-up was redone, we all headed out Annie put herself between me and Logan in the car and he was not happy about it. when we got to the house it was filled with lights and people going in the whole house was transformed into a winter wonder land and everyone was in dark colors.

I get out of the car and Logan takes my hand leading me into the house I look around and people are looking at me but I shake it off. The ballroom of the house was a vision to behold with gold and black trimmings beautiful.

Logan takes me around the room introducing me to people and they all go awe when they see us together and it relaxed me. I am yet to see his mother and I am not particularly jumping with joy over to encounter the last time we met she blamed me for taking her son from her.

At the time Logan and I weren't even close and I still got the wrong I wonder what she would say now. Logan and I get separated I am standing by the bar talking with an old man he looks around my father's age we are talking about paintings and the ones that were hanging around us.

"Excuse me Mrs. Grey" a woman says from beside me.

I turn to see a woman that I know from a while back I take her in and she is dressed in a complete lace dress with long sleeves and two massive splits running up to her thighs. Her tall blond hair curled and around her shoulder she looks stunning like a model or something.