Chapter Fifteen

Logan's POV

"I don't care about numbers just get me my phone" I snap at my new assistant.

I am worried I haven't heard from Sloan all day and that worries me it's been a few weeks since we came home. The minute we got home we found her friend and my brother butt naked on my coach I was pissed at first but when he told me that he liked Lori and wanted to be with her I was happy.

But Sloan was not we were talking over how everything started when Sloan walked in and she got mad at me even snapped at me. It was a bit amusing to be honest but when she walked to her car, I had to stop her there was no way we were going to fight not when we were so happy.

So, I had to get us back to that and I used to one power I knew I had over her I kissed her and she calmed down. I thought all was good until she told me if I didn't fix it, she would leave me to sleep by myself and I hate sleeping alone these days.

So, I had to fix it and I tried but Seth is stubborn just like me so I spent the night alone until Lori came for me and told me to go be with Sloan, I was happy to have her in my hold but she woke up in the same mood.

I tried to apologize but she saw right through that and was walking away again and I grabbed her we made love all day long until I fell asleep holding her my head on her stomach. It was perfect until she got that call and now, I don't know what to do.

She won't talk to me she's staying in the hospital by her father's side he's taken a turn for the worse and Sloan is not handling it well. I take my phone dialing her up it rings a few times but she doesn't answer I call her again and it's the same thing.

I am pulling out my hair worrying about her I just want to know that she is okay but she's shutting me out and I don't like how that feels. I want to go be with her but I have to work this is the worse time for a shareholders meeting.

"Sorry to bother you sir-" my assistant says.

"Then don't" I snap at him and he looks behind him.

"Do you have to snap at him like that?" my mother says walking in. "Leave us" my assistant closes the door.

I look up at my mother and she has a smile on her face I haven't seen or spoken to her since the night of her party and right now I really don't have the head space for it. She walks up to my desk putting her bag down.

"You don't look so well" she says sounding concerned.

"I don't have time for this mother what do you want?" I ask wanting her gone.

"I just wanted to give you this" she hands me a file.

"What is it?" I take it opening it.

"The end of this company" she says seriously.

I open the file looking at it reading through it and it's a contract one about this company and another one. I didn't quite understand it until I got to the end and I see my father's signature and that of Sloan's father. I look up at my mother and she have a sad look on her face.

"Is this what I think it is?" I ask and she nods.

"It's the deal your father made with Sloan's father" she tells me. "Her father was blackmailing him into getting the company and if you stay marry to her for a year, she will have full control of the company" she says and shake my head.

"No, I don't believe this, Sloan would never do this to me" I say and she hands me another file and I see the same contract with her name and signature on it.

My phone rings and I see that it's Sloan everything in me is conflicted right now I don't know what to believe anymore. I sit with my mother and she tell me everything and the more I listen the more I realize I don't know who I am married to.