Chapter Eighteen

Logan's POV

All this time I was blaming her hating her for this contract a contract that isn't even real something that was made up by my mother. She hated Sloan so much that she ruined my happiness to remove her from my life and now I'm alone.

I look over at the files on my desk my mind anywhere but at work all I can think about is Sloan and seeing her the other day at Lori's apartment. I was helping Seth move her into his house I still can't believe that Seth bought a house and moved Lori in with him.

He's maturing into a man not fooling around anymore I never thought I would see the day when my little brother would have manned up and become the man he is today. All my life all I have wanted was to run this company prove to my father that I am worthy of it and now I'm not sure anymore.

I have everything I ever wanted the company, my father's approval and my freedom but for some reason all I want all I can think about is Sloan. I want to be with her hold her love her and raise a family but I can't.

I ruined any chance I had of that when I listened to my mother instead of going to her instead of fighting for her. I abounded her I have every right to be miserable in life after what I did to her, I don't deserve to be happy.

"I want to see him I have to" a voice comes from outside my door before it opens revealing a very worried looking Lori.

She looks up at me green eyes filled with hate but also worry and fear telling me that something is wrong with Sloan. I don't have to ask I know that she wouldn't be here if it didn't have to do with Sloan.

"Do you love her?" she asks taking me by surprise.

"Lori I-"

"Do you love her!" she cuts me off yelling.

I look in her eyes and she is about to cry I stand walking over to her taking her in and she is just in sweats no makeup nothing.

"For once in your life be honest do you love Sloan?" she asks again and I nod. "Say it"

"I love her" I admit.

She shakes her head crying I pull her to me comforting me I want to know what is going on with her why she is here and like this. After she calmed down, I sat her down on my coach handing her a glass of water to calm her down.

"What's going on?" I ask my voice soft.

"I'm scared I fear that I might lose her again" she says her eyes welling up. "I almost lost her once already please don't let me lose her again"

"You're talking about the suicide?" I ask and my heart clenches thinking about it.

I died a thousand deaths the day I found out about it hearing them tell me about it how she sliced both her wrists all that she had gone through when I was bitching about a company a company that I now have but don't want because I don't have her.

What kind of man would do something like this I left her when she needed me the most? When she was at her most vulnerable and weakest, I left her and then I sent my mother to push her and she pushed her right over the edge.

This is all my fault I have no one to blame but myself for this if I lose Sloan it's no one's fault but mine.

"Do you think I can ever get her back?" I ask Lori and she gives me a faint smile.

"She loves you but she hurt her pride her, ego, her love she wants to be with you but she just can't trust herself with you right now. Give her some time" she tells me touching my hand and I hiss.

I look down at the bruises I took my fists to a wall a few days ago after hearing everything it hasn't healed as yet. Lori gives me a sad look before handing me a plane ticket to France I frown looking at it.