Escape [19]

Dean awoke to loud shouting and Nicole shaking him vigorously.

"Dean!" She shouted as his eyes adjusted to her face. She wore a bright smile, something he hadn't seen in what felt like weeks.

"Dean, it's Sam!" She grinned from ear to ear. Dean immediately hopped up.

"Sammy!" He shouted, ready to kill anyone that stood in his way. His brother stood at the gate of the open cage with a smirk.

"You guys coming, or what?" He asked. Dean paused, then smiled.

"You're amazing, Sammy." He chuckled. Both Nicole and Sam laughed, and Nicole helped Dean out of the cage. He had to admit, it felt good to stretch his legs after being generally crippled for that long period of time he was in the cage. He stretched his arms and yawned fakely, then wrapped his left arm around Nicole's shoulder and pulled her closer to give her a nuggy. She struggled to get free as she cursed profanities at him, and Sam laughed.

"Told you we'd get out, kid." He told her as he let her free. She flashed him a cocky smirk, then giggled.

"Alright, let's go. Bobby and Rufus are waiting in the car." Sam nodded with a small smile.

"Rufus?" Nicole brightened as she heard the name.

"Yeah. When I told Bobby that you guys went missing Rufus was there with him. He's your dad, Cole, he's obviously going to come find you." Sam told her as he flicked her chin up. Nicole smiled.

"Well, let's get this thing on the road, shall we?" Dean asked the two awkwardly, and Sam rolled his eyes. Dean and Nicole followed Sam through what felt like dozens of hallways and doors until they finally broke out the final exit doorway. Dean pulled Nicole closer to him as Bobby and Rufus looked over at them, and they both smiled widely. Rufus stepped out of the car and looked over at Nicole with an exasperated expression.

"Hey Rufie." Nicole smiled, using the nickname she gave him as a child.

"Girl, get over here and give me a hug!" He snapped as he closed the Impala door. Nicole broke away from Dean's grasp and ran into Rufus's embrace.

"I missed you." Nicole mumbled into his leather jacket. He smiled and rubbed her back lightly.

"I missed you too, kid." He whispered softly before kissing her forehead. Sam and Dean both exchanged the same look of confusion, and Bobby gave them a warning glare to keep them from saying anything snarky.

"Now, come on, I hear we have a basilisk to slay." Rufus told the new group as Nicole pulled away from him to give Bobby a hug. Dean smiled, pushing Nicole and Bobby out of the way as he climbed into the driver's seat of his 1967 Chevrolet Impala. He rubbed the steering wheel with a smirk and revved the engine as he played one of his many cassette tapes. Wayward Son by Kansas played loudly as he laughed.

"I'm back baby!"