Chapter 15 (Gab's Part)

Ray's POV

    "Ryan.... I'm dead."

    He stared at me for a moment, processing what I just said. Meanwhile, on the inside, I was freaking out. Why did I say that? Dammit, Ray, you idiot. You giant fucking idiot. Ryan was silent, still looking at me. I was afraid to look at him, and I risked a glance up at his face. He looked pretty confused, his eyebrows furrowed, his mouth hanging open slightly as if he was going to say something but forgot what it was.

    After a moment he let out a little chuckle. "Great joke, Ray," he managed to choke out, He forced a laugh and I laughed as well, awkwardly. "Yeah, dude, I'm just joking," I answered. "Me? Dead? Ghosts aren't real. Gotcha, Ry-by!" Ryan's laughter turned real and he relaxed, smiling at me. "You're dumb," he chuckled, turning on the T.V. and rolling his eyes. I scooted back over to him and he wrapped an arm around my shoulders, kissing my forehead.

    "It'll take more than that to prank me," Ryan mumbled into my hair. I laughed again and wrapped my arms around his midsection, resting my head on his shoulder. The T.V. played and I allowed my thoughts to wander for a moment. I told him, technically. But he didn't believe me, and I wasn't going to push it. I'm not even sure why I said it in the first place, it had just been worrying me lately more than usual. And with my return to being dead approaching closer every day...

    Damn you, brain. Damn you to hell.

Its short because I'm trying to work back into the groove of things. Sorry, guys. I'll write more next time, promise. Later! ~G