System5

A new world system has been introduced called : Five. Infants are taken to oblivion as soon as they're born , they're to be transported into an unknown base somewhere in the world where they learn communicate with other abducted children as they grow and are taught to talk, write, read & draw.At the age of 14 they are sent back to their families but each person needs to choose one way to communicate with other people around them, out of 5 different ways which are : Listening, writing, talking through gestures and/or drawing. Every person is injected with a radar that detects when a person uses a way to express themselves other than the one they chose. If they do use another way to communicate with people they will be taken away for 5 years, and have one of their 5 senses disabled for life and for good.

Lauren thought it would be wisest to listen, not being much a believer in words and knowing how much they could be misunderstood and misinterpreted from one person to another.

Camila on the other hand, she chose to talk, she loved speaking her mind even if when she gets emotional she tends to word vomit every thought that crosses her mind. But hey, saying the truth is sometimes better than keeping it in, right ?
"Do you ever get tired of listening?" Camila asked, looking skeptically at the bright orbs of green, blue and yellow storming against each other.
Lauren blinked twice, which Camila and her ( mostly Camila ) decided was their sign for a "no" , and blinking once is a "yes".
After all they weren't breaking any rules, Lauren wasn't expressing her emotions or anything like that so it was considered legal to communicate with her new found friend that way.

Lauren wanted to ask Camila if she ever got tired of talking, or if she ever got tired of communicating with people who didn't talk but she couldn't. Camila provoked Lauren's interest more than other regular talkers, maybe it was the way Camila seemed to try and control how much came out of her mouth. Or maybe it's the way Camila delivered her thoughts in such a specific way that it was hard to misinterpret what she was saying, something Lauren wasn't good at, at all.

" Well I'll just pretend you asked me if I ever get tired of talking, " Camila said, resting her head on her arms that were on her school desk. Lauren couldn't help but crack a smile, because she actually did want to know if Camila ever grew tired of talking, or if she ever ran out of things to say, or if she was ever so emotional that she couldn't stop herself from rambling out the truth.

"Well you see, sometimes I do grow tired of talking but you know I guess talking is better than not talking, no offence, it's just that what if one day I wanted to say something to someone so bad but had no way to actually say it? Why did you choose to be a listener? Do you ever feel trapped within your own mind?" Camila fired at Lauren, her brown doe eyes scrutinizing Lauren trying to figure out all the answers. Lauren's smile faltered for a second, it's been 3 years since she made her choice, and she didn't ever think twice about it, or its consequences in that case . She shrugged, because she didn't know what to say, and she couldn't even say anything. She was a listener she chose to listen not to speak. She was never good with words, she wasn't very fond of them, but today was the first day she actually grew frustrated with her choice, she wished she could answer Camila, she wished she could improvise on her answers and she wished she could give something back to Camila, but she couldn't. And at this moment it sucked to be her more than ever.

Camila's eyes went wide and she threw her head back in a fit of laughter, Lauren looked at her quizzically, and a few pairs of eyes around the classroom did too. But as soon as her laughter died down Mr. Jackson entered the room and cleared his throat to start the lesson.

/6 weeks/

Camila walked into the class late today something she has been doing a lot lately, but even in her tired attire she made Lauren's heart beat twice as much as it usually did.
Camila and Lauren shared a smile, but then turned their attention to the teacher as he scribbled diagrams and charts to explain the lesson. Lauren didn't miss the little hint of hurt in Camila's smile, but she let it pass before it got under her skin. Their teacher is a drawer, his choice allowed him he could get his point across Lauren thought, unlike her..

Lauren studied Camila, the way she rolled her bottom lip in her mouth as she wrote on the paper in front of her, which Lauren noticed wasn't part of their sociology notes.

Something wasn't right, but Lauren couldn't pin point what it was.

The bell rung as Lauren was engrossed in her own thoughts, and when she lifted her head up Camila was already half way out the door and Lauren saw a paper glide to the floor exactly where Camila was two seconds ago.

She got up, gathering her things quickly and moved to take the piece of paper that laid on the floor.

Lauren could read, but when she did she wasn't sure if she was thankful that she could or if she is wasn't.

Looking at her hurts, not knowing what she is thinking hurts more. I should've known better than to expect a response. She is beautiful but it hurts that the only way I'll see her beauty is through looks, I can't explore her mind,I can't listen to her words, I can't hold her hand, I can't read her words, I can't do anything. And it hurts because I want to know more, but I can't. She can't, she can't do any of those things, I hate this world order, I hate how blinded people are by what there was, how people used to laugh in their kisses, how people used to write what they couldn't talk about, not write everything they could talk about it. I don't care if she doesn't want, love or care about me. But I want her to experience things, I want to show her how different things are .. But I can't , unless

There was nothing after it, Lauren's mind was buzzing three thousand miles an hour , all she could comprehend was that there was more

Now she knew what was wrong and along
Yes, Camila could talk

But she can write too .

[a/n] : hi guys!! I've had a major writer's block for the past month but I'm going to try and make it up to you guys , I'm going to write the next chapter of More In One Way Soon , but for now here's an idea I got about a mini series (: I hope you enjoyed it x