In her world

A sea of city lights shined below the dark night sky. People were heading home, talking, going on about their daily lives. Not paying attention to the running figure in black. She dodged and weaved past the crowd, increasing the distance between her and her chasers. Her feet pounded on the ground like drums. She turned her head to see the four men on her tail. This doesn't raise suspicion apparently as no one really noticed or paid any mind to the running girl. It wasn't long until she had made it to a construction site made for a skyscraper. The girl made her way to one of the higher floors. She was cornered. She forgot that with how secluded the area is, that gives them the ample location to bring out their armed forces. Right now, she had no where to go.

"Give it up! There's no where for you to run. Now be a good girl and surrender. Otherwise, you  we're going to pop you full of holes!" 

A harsh wind blew the hood off of the girl, revealing herself. Her pink reddish eyes were dead and emotionless as they glared at the people around her. Her light pink hair that naturally darkened to a darker shade of pink was tied in a small ponytail. She wore a black hoodie a few sizes too big with a black turtleneck underneath. Her black pants got tucked into a pair of boots that went up to mid calf. The thing that stood out about the girl was not the strange hair or eye color. No. It was the pair of horns on her head. They were triangular shaped to where they almost look like cat ears, if they weren't made of bone.

"SO?! What's it going to be girly?!" 

She glared at them even more. She refused. They couldn't really shoot her. They needed her alive as much as any other diclonius. They couldn't do well with a dead one. They weren't going to get her. An invisible force pulled her backwards and off the high building. No one was prepared for that. She fell, looking to the sky one last time. She already stalled for enough time for the information to get sent to a hard drive should anyone need it. 

This was it. 

You know the saying, "Life flash before their eyes." ? 

She can see hers. It wasn't as tragic as other diclonii, but it did have a sad ending. 

She was born into a normal family. Her parents treated her normally. They loved her. They made sure she was a happy little girl like other families, even when she knew she wasn't normal. After all, what child had pink hair and horns? Her mother would smother her in hugs and her father would always kiss her cheeks. They were a happy family. However, people noticed there was something odd. They knew there was a child and unfortunately, they saw her. A small glimpse was all they needed. With something out of a monster movie flick, they ran into the house with anything they had at their houses. Her father tried to hold back the angry mob as her mother ran into their room and opened the closet. There was a hidden crawlspace that they had made in case of moments like this. As much as they loved their little girl, they knew the world wouldn't. 

"Honey, you have to stay in here, ok? Come out when we get you."

"Mama?"

"I'm sorry baby. Always know that your parents love you."

Those were the last words that she ever heard from her parents.  

She closed her eyes as she knew she came closer to the ground. 

Black was all that was left for her......

Or so she thought.