eleven

Bradley carefully laid down on the bed and patted the spot next to him, signaling for Stefani to join him, who jumped into the bed as well. She left some space between them even though she wanted nothing more than to be as close to him as possible. Especially after that day.

"We should talk about our divorce. I mean, we don't have the money anymore." Bradley mumbled, looking at her. Her side profile was just as stunning to him as the rest of her. He couldn't wrap his head around how perfect she was to him.

She sighed and shrugged. "We'll figure something out." Her face turned and she looked at him too now. Their faces were inches apart and their eyes locked immediately. Stefani couldn't believe how blue his eyes were and Bradley tried to figure out if he'd ever seen eyes like hers before, but quickly came to the conclusion that he hadn't.

Bradley's eyes moved from her eyes down her nose to her lips and he subconsciously licked over his own, making Stefani look at his lips as well now. "I should check up on Holly. I bet she's having a hard time now. You know, because of Jackson." Bradley mumbled and quickly got out of bed, leaving Stefani behind in his room, without another word.

She groaned and buried her face in his pillow. She couldn't believe how easily she fell for him.

++++

When Bradley got back from his little chat with his sister, who took it all a bit better than he'd expected her to take it, he quietly entered the hotel room again, only to find it empty. He frowned a little but relaxed when he heard the water run in the bathroom. She was still there. She didn't leave.

Why did he care so much though? So what if she had decided to leave? She wasn't really his wife or girlfriend, right?

He hadn't even noticed the bathroom door opening until she walked out in just a towel. He let his eyes linger on the exposed parts of her legs for a bit too long before he heard her let out a short laugh. "My eyes are up here." She joked.

Bradley playfully rolled his eyes. "I obviously know where your eyes are, but thanks for the free anatomy class, fake wife."

"Getting insulting already?" She fake gasped, grinning up at him. "Glad we're getting a divorce then."

Bradley couldn't help but grab her by her waist to pull her closer. It was like a reflex, an instinct. He needed her body closer to his at all times, even though the chase was over now. He still felt the need to protect her. She gently placed her hands on his chest and shot him a quick worried look while her eyes wandered over the side of his torso.

"My eyes are up here." He mocked her, making her look up and roll her eyes with a small smile playing on her lips.

"I don't want to hurt you." She said, shrugging.

"Don't worry about it. It doesn't really hurt as badly as it did before." He smiled down at her, subconsciously rubbing her hips with his thumbs.

"Bradley what are we doing?" Stefani asked, sighing. She didn't have a clue what was going on with her but she felt attracted to him. It was the only thing she was sure of. Despite the rather inconvenient way they met or got together, she still found him intriguing and something pulled her towards him, constantly making her want to be close to him. She'd never experienced it before with any other man.

"Right now? Nothing." He said, his voice a little lower than before. He didn't know what he was doing to be fair. All he knew was that he wanted to kiss her. She looked so beautiful with her hair still wet and eyes a bit tired.

"No, you idiot." She paused, taking that time to gently slap his chest with one hand before placing both against it again. "I mean, what are we going to do? Where are we going? What's the plan? I don't know what to do." She rambled on.

Bradley chuckled and shot her a loving smile, making her raise her eyebrows in wonderment. "You're adorable when you're rambling, you know that?"

Stefani whined and threw her head back a little in frustration, letting out a groan. "I'm serious, Bradley! We're still married, don't have the money, we'll both have to go back to our separate lives again soon-"

Bradley placed a finger on her lips to stop her from talking. She furrowed her brows and pouted at his action, blushing a little in embarrassment. "Stop thinking about it so much. I, for my part, am in no rush to get divorced to you. I wanted to be a coward and not admit to feeling attracted to you, but there's no reason to hide it at this point. It's pretty damn obvious." He smirked. "It's your turn now."

Stefani shot him a confused look. "What am I supposed to say?"

"Please, everyone knows you've had a crush on me first." He teased, pulling her closer.

She giggled and shook her head. "No way! I thought you were an idiot for the longest time. Still kinda do." She joked, making Bradley let out a fake gasp.

"You did not just call me an idiot!" He laughed and quickly picked her up, making her laugh. He carried her to the bed and threw her on it, immediately hovering above her body. Their faces were inches apart and lips parted. Stefani placed her hand on his chest, feeling his quickened heartbeat against her fingertips. She felt her own heart race just as fast, if not even faster.

Bradley leaned in a bit closer and once again had to find out that she was the most beautiful woman he'd ever laid eyes on. She was extraordinary to him.

"Are you just going to stay there and not move?" She asked, her voice quiet.