Chapter 5: Shadow on Little Homeschool

The Diamonds and Spinel finding out about Steven's corruption was a disaster. Blue started crying, which caused the Gems and Spinel to cry, Yellow was so mad she was sending off sparks if electricity, and White just stood there with an plain, unreadable look.

"Blue, stop it!" Yellow wiped off a single tear that trickled down her face.

"But, I-I can't!" Blue let out a wail. "How are we going to fix Steven!? We need all four diamonds to reverse corruption!" A long silence followed Blue's words. No one had thought about that. How would they fix Steven, without Steven. No one spoke to argue with Blue. Connie looked around at everyone and suddenly felt anger bowl up inside her. Are they really just going to give up? No.

"Are you serious!?" Everyone turned to Connie, even Greg. "Are you really just giving up!?" Yellow sneered slightly. She may have disband her armies and was trying to be nicer, but she still didn't like being disrespected.

"Excuse me hum- Connie, but the adults are talking." Connie's rage overflowed. Now she understood why the dream/memory she shared with Steven as Stevonnie had her mother represent Yellow Diamond. They were so....unbelievably overbearing. It was SO aggravating.

"No. Excuse me your royal Highn-ass!" She heard a few if the Gems gasp in shock. Connie never spoke like this to anyone. Yellow scrunched her face.

"I refuse to believe that we can't help Steven! He's helped all of us, it's our turn to do the same!" There was a silence of shame. Garnet was the first to break it.

"Connie's right." Garnet wiped her eyes, so they could be rid of tears. "Steven has done so much for others, but never got anything in return." Pearl stood shaking slightly as Volleyball hugged her awkwardly from the side in a feeble attempt to comfort her. Blue to a long inhale and let it out slowly as her tears ebbed away.

"Alright, Connie," Blue attempted to smile, "what do you say we should do?"

"Yeah!" Spinel playfully punched Connie's arm. "Let's hear it!" Everyone looked at Connie in expectance, even Peridot.

"Okay....." She thought for a moment. "First of all," she pointed at the Diamonds, "it's going to be hard for you three to get around in those forms, also, it's probably best if Little Homeschool didn't know you were her. It was hard enough to hide your ship." Connie pointed to the Diamond MEC by the temple. It sat so it was just out of view from Little Homeschool.

"Are you suggesting we....shape-shift?" White's voice was sceptic.

"It's a good idea." Peridot piped in. "If everyone thought you three were the regular, everyday gem, we'd get around a lot faster. Plus in your current firms, you're to big to warp." All three Diamonds looked at each other as if having a silent debate on whether or not they should do it.

A few minute later, they turned back to everyone else. "Alright..." Yellow's brows were furrowed, "we'll do it...for Steven." The smaller Gems and humans nodded and watched in amazment as the three, towering Diamonds glowed blue, white, and yellow hues. They began to shrink until three smaller gems stood where the Diamonds had been.

 They began to shrink until three smaller gems stood where the Diamonds had been