•day 5•

I tried to rush back to the classroom after leaving the locker room. I took way to long getting dressed and now everyone is already gone. Out the corner of my eye I spot (h/c) hair and immediately stop. I quickly turn my head eyes scanning the area to make sure I saw correctly. I watch as (Y/n) ran her fingers through her hair. Her eyes fixated on the ground. Once her hand leaves her head it begins to shake violently like a tremor. Scars littered her hands and knuckles were badly bruised.

I gasp quietly as I look at her face. She had a swollen cheek that was a reddish-purple. Her eyes were low and her head was completely slumped over. (Y/n) had an almost depressed look in her eye that also hinted at anger. I watch her bite her lip and look toward the ceiling rubbing the back of her neck. My eyes widened when I see the purple and red hand marks covering her neck all over.

(Y/n) grumbled softly. My feet move on there own and head straight toward her. I pull her toward me and hug her close.

"The fuck?!" She exclaimed as she looked down to see me. I buried my face in her skin and clothes trying not to cry.

I really don't like seeing (Y/n) hurt like this. She slowly wrapped her arms around me and rubbed circles into my back as I squeezed her torso. After a little a released her and grab the sides of her head to look at everything thing. The bruises looked quite new.

"Sorry." She said simply. She was heavily smirking and I puff out my cheeks in frustration. She chuckled softly and ran her fingers through her hair again. "You're cute." Her eyes flash around and then back to me.

I hug her again with my cheeks still puffy. I look up with and red dust covering my face. "What do you mean 'sorry'? What happened?!" I whined my hands latch together around her waist.

She leaned against the wall with her head upward and looked at the ceiling again. I noticed that she was only wearing one of her hearing aids currently. The ear without them looked pretty swollen. "I really didn't want you to see you like this." She said softly leaning on the wall and avoiding eye contact. She looked to the floor with an almost disappointed glaze.

She stayed quiet for several seconds and I stare at her. (Y/n) appeared to be completely depressed. "Please tell me what happened..." I pleaded moving so her face was directly in front of mine.

"It was my mom. The day we hung out with your friends I got home real late. As soon as I got hold she beat my ass and we started fighting." She said simply as if it weren't a big deal. "I haven't been home sense." She finished running her fingers through her locks again and removing her eyes from me.

"Where have you been staying?" I asked concerned about what was going on.

"A classmate: Mei Hatsume. Her parents are really nice and have let me stay with them before." She was still looking in every direction but toward me. She was clearly embarrassed but why was my question. I wouldn't judge what's going on or even fault her for her situation.

"Is that why your brother was so eager to leave home?" I asked she nodded.

"He wasn't in school like me though. It's kinda hard to run away when she knows where I am half of the day." I watch as she aggressively wipes her face with one of her hands and I notice the bruises covering them again.

Her eyes looked watery but she squeezed them shut and wiped her face again. "I'm sorry for getting you into trouble..." I said softly looking down. I didn't know her hanging out with me would result in someone hurting her. I actually thought it would make everything better.

She tensed and slowly looked back to my sad figure. My hands were behind my back and I was staring at the ground sadly. (Y/n) took my chin in her hand and made me look at her. Her eyes were serious and her hands although bruised were very soft. She was biting her lip and staring at mine but then her eyes shifted back to my own. My heart pounded against chest so much it heart and butterflies invaded my stomach and dance around. I blink just to make sure everything wasn't just a holucenation.

"Don't apologize for that bitch's actions. That isn't on you." She told me. After a second passed she let my go but I stayed in placed. Shocked with complete red cheeks my eyes followed her slow movement. After yesterday I assumed she didn't like me anymore but now I could tell she cared.

"You should get to class. I'll talk to you tomorrow." She told me suddenly. She then started to walk away. She felt me surprised and suffering from sadness. However I also felt unnaturally happy. Her touch pulling me into a place of beautiful feelings and butterflies enveloping my stomach.