•day 49•

I looked around the house wondering where (Y/n) had gone. I was starting to get a little worried. None of her stuff was gone but then again she didn't have much to begin with. I run down the stairs and open the front door in panic before looking around.

"Don't worry I'm still here..." I heard. I look down and notice (Y/n) sitting on the top step of my porch. I slowly sit next to her before noticing her phone in her hands. She looked at it with hesitation.

"What are you doing out here?" I asked her looking at the side of her face as she stared ahead.

"I've been thinking a lot. I don't want to keep on being a burden on your household but it's not safe for me to go home." she told me softly.

"You aren't a burden. We really do want you to be safe..." I explained to her. (Y/n) nodded softly but then looked at me.

"Yeah but it's not your responsibility to take care of me so I think I'm going to reach out to some distanct family." I raised my eyebrows at her and she looked at her phone.

"I have this uncle that I tried to distance myself from for a long time because he and my mother aren't on good terms but my mother and I aren't exactly on good terms either." she took a long pause and I stayed quiet trying to figure out how I felt about this. "He's my mom's cousin and he is actually a really nice guy. He tries to pretend like he isn't a big softie but he is. That's how I remember him at least."

"So you're gonna try to contact him?" I asked.

She nods. "If his number hasn't changed over the years but I also know where he works."

"That's good." I say softly looking away. My voice faded out as I slightly frown.

"What's wrong?" she asked glancing my way with worried eyes.

"It's just... I really like living with you. I'm going to miss you." I tell her. She smirked.

"I'll still see you after school as often as possible. It'll be just like how it was before." she informed. I looked at her she had her usually soft smile on her face.

"Yeah but I don't wanna go back to the way we were before." I tell her. She give me a curious look but I smile at her and wink before getting up and heading back into the house.

~*~

I sat on the porch alone. Mina had just gone into the house a second ago. I watch as she softly closed the door. I sigh and turn my phone on before looking through my contacts. I found the right contact before pressing the phone against my ear.

"Hello?" I hear which caused me to grow nervous.

"Hey Uncle Shota. It's me..."