Toxicity

What I've realized is that there are a lot of people in the world, especially around me, that are toxic or live in a toxic environment. What I don't understand is why did we allow it to be our norm? Why is it a relatable thing to live in toxicity? I understand it's a learned behavior that we cannot control, but I don't believe that it was always that way. I know half of my friends and family who separate themselves from their loved ones around my age due to how toxic they are. Unfortunately, sometimes that behavior can linger into their new lives that they worked so hard to achieve to be different than their past. 

There should be a way to eliminate that lack of understanding or acknowledgement in the household. In life period! There should be no reason why I don't associate myself with half of my family because of the way they act or how they are as people. People come and go, that's reasonable. However, there should be no reason why I have trust issues based off of who I used to hang around, that ended up using me and treated me like crap in the long run.

There are more young adults and tenagers who have dealt with toxitiy in their lives and no one was there to guide them in the right direction. Being in that stage of life is hard. Especially when there are people who try to tell you that you are crazy, overreacting and out of your right mind. They are so quick to judge you instead of helping you because that's how they were taught to handle the problem. The world is evolving and people fail to realize that everyday. Instead of forcing people to a therapist, try to see how you can help them first. Sometimes, all they need is an open minded person to be there to listen.

-Tiy