Chapter Seventeen

POV: Cole

            Snarling, I inhale a deep breath as I allow my hand to plunge through the chest of my opponent, ripping his heart out. Raising my fist to the crowd, I allow their cheers to float in one ear and out the other before I drop the heart to lay right next to the dead man's soiled body, I make my way out of the arena and back down beneath it towards my room. Laying down on my battered mattress, I close my eyes and allow myself to be thrown into the only salvation I have to survive these days; my memories. 

            "What are you staring at?" She questions while looking up at me with those beautiful bright doe eyes that make my heart thump. With my hand itching to run itself through her soft brown locks, I swallow before responding. "You." My one worded response has her cheeks heating up to a bright pink that just intensifies her beauty in my eyes. Looking down so her hair covers her heated face, she reaches for my hand where she begins to lightly move my fingers.  Goddess I love her; I love her with everything in me. "Come on Cole." She tugs on my arm lightly, bringing me out of my thoughts. "Let's go on a walk." Chuckling softly at the excitement in her eyes, I heed her wishes with nothing but a smile on my face.

            "Wait stop." I tell her while pausing our walk through the Southern French town. Dani turns to look at me with her eyebrows furrowed in confusion, "What's wrong?" She questions. "Go stand in front of that building my love." I instruct with a smile on my face. Turning around to look where I was pointing to, she walks over to the older brick building with lavender flower vines growing up the side. 

            It's perfect. The beauty of the scenery blends breathlessly with her dark hair and pure smile. I love her; I love everything about her. From the way her green eyes shine when she does something she loves, to the full and vibrant smile on her lips. How she says my name early in the morning, to how she clings to me as we sleep at night. She is an angel from the Goddess above, and I the humble man who has been chosen to protect and love her.

            Raising my camera to my eye, I snap a few pictures of the scene in front of me. Dani is beautiful as she poses in front of the wall. The lavender of her dress matches perfectly with the flowers and the smile on her face takes my breath away. Without her, my heart has no reason to beat. She is the reason blood pours through my veins. Dani is my life source, my soul mate, my Luna. "I love you." I whisper into the wind.

Keeping my eyes closed, I ignore the tears as the memory fades away and another one begins in its place.

            Hearing a giggle around the corner, I smile knowing I've found her. Stalking forward silently, as to not alert her of my presence, I whip around the corner and grab her before she can escape me. "Found you." I whisper lowly into her ear. She shivers in my arms before giggling more. Moving my hands down, I begin to tickle her ribs where I know she is extremely squeamish.

"Stop!" She wails after a while of laughing and withering in my arms. "Not until you say you love me." I reply teasingly. "I love you Cole!" She shouts loudly, gasping for breath. "Is that what you wanted to hear? That I Daniella Richards love you Colton Jameson Richards, my mate, more than anything else in the whole wide world!" Her volume shocks me and I stand frozen as Dani proclaims her love to me to the whole house. She takes my stillness to her advantage, and wiggles out of my grasp before once again running away, leaving me behind; I am a man in love and I couldn't be happier about it. 

            Jorden used to tease me; he'd say I was losing my hard ass front but, we both knew it was a good thing. He loved her too, not like I did but she found a place in his heart as well. Goddess, Jorden. For so long it was me and him against the world, the dynamic duo, the best friends, the Alpha and Beta, the brothers. I miss him; he is one of the only ones who has ever stayed a constant in my life. Since diapers, he has had my back and I his.

            Cole? A quiet voice calls from outside my bedroom door. "Jorden?" I respond, rubbing the tiredness away from my eyes. Kicking off my dinosaur sheets, I make my way out of bed and do my bedroom door.

            Opening the door, I see none other than my best friend in his own racecar pajamas clutching his blue blanket to his chest, his eyes glistening with tears. "Why didn't you just come in?" I question knowing that Jorden has my permission to just walk into my room. Stepping aside, I make room for him to walk into my room and up into my bed. Snuggling close to him to share both warmth and comfort, I wait until he has settled down his tears enough to tell me what has bothered him so much.

            "I woke up cause Mommy and Daddy were yelling. When I walked out of my room I saw another man and Daddy was hitting him Cole. We see the Pack Warriors hit, but it was scary, and Mommy and was crying. I was scared and didn't know what to do so I ran up here."

            At four neither one of us truly knew what was happening that night, but thankfully I was able to soothe Jorden anyway. Neither of us had the ideal childhood, but we did have each other. I remember the next morning Quinton was so panicked when he realized Jorden was missing; it however did not take him long to find his son, we were always inseparable.

            I need to return to them. To the love of my life and to my brother; the two people who I would do anything for. The two people who I hold closest to my heart. All this fighting, this killing, all of it will be worth it in the end when I can return to their smiling faces.

Question of the day: what are you guys doing to survive quarantine? I for one am writing a whole bunch.

FOLLOW

VOTE

SHARE

COMMENT