Chapter 11

*Reese*

"We'll miss you." Fred and George said as Jay and I prepared to board the Hogwarts express.

"I'm sure you will." I smiled, then had an idea. "Could I ask you guys a favor?"

"Of course." They said in synch. I almost laughed at the pair.

"Keep an eye on Clarissa, I think shes up to something." I said, lowering my voice. It was more than once that I spotted Clarissa in the library pouring over books. I knew she couldn't be that interested in being studious. Not to mention I caught sight of some of the titles: Hexes and Jinxes for Young Wizards and Witches, Curses for all Ages, Hidden Secrets of Hogwarts Castle, and Finding What was Lost. None of those pertained to our first-year assignments. She was up to something.

The twins nodded, "We can manage that." The said both smirking a little.

"Don't do anything stupid." I said as Jay and I boarded.

"We won't!" They hollered back.

With a final wave goodbye, Jay and I went to find a compartment to sit in. "What was that about?" She asked.

"Nothing. Just that it seems Clarissa is up to something and that can't be good." I said. "Why else would she need to study jinxes and curses and learn everything about the hidden passages of Hogwarts?"

Jay nodded. "You're probably right."

Cedric sat with his friends in one of the compartments and he waved to us, smiling. "Join us," He mouthed, happily.

I glanced at Jay and she nodded, "Sure why not." As we joined it was clear that Cedric spared no detail when telling his friends about me, they knew almost everything. As the train started moving, I was able to sit back and relax. Finally, I was able to enjoy holidays without Clarissa being around every corner ready to torment me, without Draco sending a pain through my heart every time that I saw him. Even with such Happy thoughts I couldnt get over the idea that Clarissa was up to something at Hogwarts. Whatever it was, I knew the twins could handle it.

*Clarissa*

Chelsea and Tracey wished me good luck as they left for the holidays. I'd have the dorm room to myself. Unfortunately, I was the only Slytherin staying behind. Maybe that was fortunately. The whole Weasley clan and Harry Potter were just a few of the other students staying at Hogwarts for the holidays.

Christmas morning, I woke up surprised to find a few presents at the foot of my bed. I dressed warmly in the chill of the dormitory then sat to open my gifts.

Mr. Klins had sent me money, no surprise there. He never understood me enough to get me genuine gifts, money was his go-to gift for me. Draco got me a few chocolate frogs and some color changing ink with a peacock feather quill. His letter told me about the peacocks in their garden. Chelsea had gotten me a book on hexes, jinxes, and charms for dueling, I only wished Xavier couldve been here for me to practice on.  From Tracey I got a handmade Slytherin journal, apparently her mother made and sold things like that in a shop in Diagon Alley.

The last, somewhat small parcel was wrapped in simple brown paper with only my name scrawled across it. I knew exactly where this came from.

Inside was a green crystal which appeared to connect to something else. I pulled out a piece of parchment and read it quickly.

'This is a piece of your mother's necklace, use it to find the rest.'

All other gifts were forgotten as I rushed from the room. I didnt know what I would do as I headed for the seventh floor. For some reason I had hope that this piece would magically find the other half on its own. I snuck up to the seventh-floor peaking around every corner as I did. I narrowly avoided Peeves as he went into an empty classroom to make a mess, Filtch hot on his tail.