chapter fourteen

"How long is it till we reach the Pristine Tree? My legs are killing me." Taehyung whined as he trudged behind Jungkook and Yoongi.

Yoongi turned around for what seemed like the nth time as he sighed.

"It's barely been an hour of walking and you're already tired?" Yoongi huffed, staring at the tired male behind him.

"I'm not like you guys, okay? Unlike you, I need rest." Taehyung replied.

"Taehyung, werewolves need rest too. I didn't know vampires get tired easily." Yoongi said, turning back to the trail they were following.

"Well, vampires are the most active at night, and since i haven't been out of my room for weeks, i'm getting more tired from lack of moonlight, okay?" Taehyung huffed, trying his best to catch up to the other two werewolves.

Jungkook turned around to face Taehyung, intrigued to find out more.

"So, you need moonlight to survive?" He asked, the brunette tilting his face up to look at him.

"Yes. And it's practically your fault i'm tired. You locked me up in that room for god knows how long." Taehyung complained, throwing his hands in front of him in exasperation.

"Hey, i'm sorry. I just thought that maybe it would make you spill your covens' secrets." Jungkook said.

Taehyung scoffed. "Well, it's going to take much more than that to make this vampire speak."

Jungkook looked at Taehyung, a cocky smirk making it's way towards his lips as he leaned in closer towards Taehyung's face, his hand gliding towards Taehyung's chin, gently bringing it up so that the other was looking directly at him.

Taehyung's breath hitched as he watched Jungkook's every move. "What are you--"

"You better believe that i'm getting the information out of you." Jungkook whispered.

"I'd like to see you try." Taehyung whispered back, trying not to stutter at the close proximity.

Jungkook grinned, before letting go of Taehyung's face.

"Are you done?" Yoongi called out from the distance.

He had made much more progress than Taehyung and Jungkook, finding a secluded clearing that they could use for the night.

Jungkook and Taehyung jogged up to Yoongi, catching their breath as the other stared them down.

"Y'all walk to slow." Was all Yoongi said before he started pitching up a small tent.

Jungkook shook his head, before taking out his own small tent and laying it out.

Within minutes, two small tents were set up, ready to be used.

Jungkook sighed happily as he finished, looking around for Taehyung and finally laying his eyes on the elder, who was perched on a low tree branch.

Jungkook jogged up to him, careful not to startle to elder as he sat beside him.

"What are you doing?" Jungkook asked, looking at Taehyung, the last rays of the sun eluminating his already ethereal face, the soft wind blowing through his dark strands as his eyes fluttered open at Jungkook's voice.

"Nothing. Just enjoying what i was missing out on." Taehyung muttered.

Jungkook looked at him, confused. "What do you mean, missing out on? Have you never seen a sunset before?"

Taehyung thought for a moment, before finally speaking up. "Yes, I have. But that was so long ago, when I was just a toddler, I believe. I think it's been so long I've forgotten what it looked and felt like."