chapter one

Pain filled his senses as everything became blurry. He could feel the sting of the blade as it clashed with his skin, his blood oozing out of his own body, painting the floor in a deep shade of red.

He heard the people jeering and snickering, somehow finding pleasure in his pain. The laughter echoed across the dark room, making him dizzy.

He fell to the floor, body decorated in scars and deep gashes as he looked around weakly, his energy slipping away.

The crimson liquid of his blood painted the floor in a deep shade of scarlet, showing proof of the everlasting torture the male was facing.

"Get up, weakling!" A harsh voice yelled, followed by another swing of the blade, making the man whimper in unbearable pain.

"What kind of vampire is he? Such a weakling. Is he really the son of the great vampire? Pathetic." A voice jeered.

The man stayed on the ground body unable to do anything as he felt his energy slip away. He heaved out heavy breaths, trying to control his breathing as another incoming blow hit him. He hissed in pain, falling to his side at the impact.

"F-father..." He croaked out, desperation in his voice as he looked towards the older vampire sitting in his chair, gazing down at the smaller one on the floor.

The room went dead silent, eyeing the older one's reaction.

The older vampire glared at the smaller one in the middle of the room, obviously angered at the name leaving the other's lips.

"You're not my son. My son isn't worthless and weak. In fact..." The older one began, standing up from his seat.

He grabbed a hold of a scepter before proceeding towards the broken vampire in the middle of the room. He eyed him in disgust, as if he wasn't the one who had brought him up. As if he hadn't looked at him once in love and happiness. No, his face was now filled with disgust and horror, earning a tearful whimper from the smaller vampire.

"Kim Taehyung, you are now banished from this coven. You are now a rogue, an outsider to this vampire clan. If any of us are to find you near our territory, we will not hesitate to kill you."The older boomed, hitting the scepter next to the whimpering vampire.

"Guards! Dispose of him." he sneered, hard eyes holding the hatred he now reflected for the other.

Within seconds, two big, burly vampires grabbed Taehyung roughly before flinging him outside of vampire territory, leaving the little vampire to fend for himself.

Taehyung rushed over to a nearby cave, not minding the sting every move made. He huddled in the cave, remembering how his own father had looked at him as he banished him from his home. Disgust. Hatred. Disappointment.

Tears welled up in his eyes, stinging his wounds as it trailed down his face. Broken sobs left his lips as he hugged his legs in an attempt to keep warm. He was tired, afraid and empty. His own family had thrown him out with ease, breaking the young vampire's heart. His eyes fluttered closed, tiredness overcoming him.

Soon, Taehyung let the darkness consume him.

Taehyung groaned, feeling his head spin. He blinked open his eyes, adjusting to the light. He rubbed his head in confusion.

When had the cave felt so comfy? And why was the hard floor so soft?

His eyes shot open, looking around at his surroundings. A big window, covered by curtains, a side table and a big bed covered in soft comforters and plush pillows. Where was he?