chapter twenty-five

Taehyung jolts awake at the sound of something slamming shut, assuming it was a door or something.

Taehyung shivers as a sudden surge of anger and pain courses through his blood, making him close his eyes shut from the mere intensity.

"W-what's happening." He whispers, flinching as a loud sound reverberates off of the walls.

Someone was definitely mad.

He got out of bed, his baby blue sweater falling just above his thighs. It was late, as Taehyung could see the moonlight seeping in through the gaps of his bedroom curtains.

He waddles over to the door, the anger and pain he feels within his heart nowhere near dissipating.

Where was all this raw anger coming from?

Taehyung peeks out into the dark hallways, seeing a few werewolves making their way towards the main door, unaware of the small vampire watching them with curious eyes.

"I wonder where they're headed at a time like this." Taehyung thinks to himself, shaking his head vigorously as he focuses on his current mission.

Find out where this feeling is coming from.

He walks aimlessly through the hallways, frowning deeply as he goes nowhere close to the source of the anger he feels.

He takes a left turn, suddenly intaking a sharp breath as he brings a hand towards his chest.

He could feel it. He could feel the anger and pain growing stronger.

Taehyung walks down the hallway, the feeling growing even stronger as he stops before a familiar door.

"Jungkook..." He breathes.

Taehyung ponders long and hard, thinking of whether he should knock or not.

In the end, he decides to.

Taehyung knocks on the door softly, a shuffle following afterwards.

"Who is it." A gruff voice calls out from the other side.

Without hesitation, Taehyung opens the door slightly, poking his small head to look at the ravenette, who was sitting on his bed, head bent low.

"It's just me, Jungkook." Taehyung whispers, noticing how Jungkook stiffened after hearing the brunette's soft voice.

"What are you doing here." Jungkook mumbles, head still tilted towards the floor as Taehyung frowns.

"Jungkook." He calls out, sitting beside the raven.

Taehyung's frown deepens as he gets no reaction from the other, finally deciding to take matters into his own hands.

He softly grabs Jungkook's face in his hands, tilting it slowly till Jungkook's eyes locked with his.

Taehyung could feel Jungkook freeze under his touch, but he soon relaxed as he faced the brunette, staring at his soft, hazel eyes.

Taehyung could feel the anger dissipate slightly. It was still there, but it had become somewhat tamed.

"What's wrong, Jungkook?" Taehyung softly asks, preventing Jungkook from looking away.

Jungkook frowns. "How do you know something's wrong?"

Taehyung laughs lightly. "You tell me. I'm no expert in this mate thing."

Taehyung could see Jungkook crack a smile at that statement, a light chuckle escaping his thin lips.

"It's nothing, Tae." Jungkook says, pulling his head away from Taehyung's hands.

Taehyung frowns, before deciding to move in front of Jungkook.