chapter twenty-two

"He's going to be alright. Just a few cuts and some deep gashes, but his breathing is stable." Jin said, writing some things down on his clip board before looking up at the two boys before him.

"R-really? Oh thank goodness. C-can I please see him?" Jimin stuttered, his eyes puffy and cheeks stained red from all the crying he had been doing.

Taehyung had stayed with Jimin the entire night as he cried his eyes out, blaming himself for Yoongi's state. No matter how much he tried, Taehyung couldn't get Jimin to stop crying. So he stayed by him for moral support.

"Yes. But only one person for now." Jin replied, his heart breaking at how broken the other looked.

Jimin looked at Taehyung, earning a small smile from the other.

"Go ahead." Taehyung smiled softly, nudging the other towards the small, hospital room.

Jimin sniffled and rubbed his nose on his sleeve before he scurried into the room, leaving Jin and Taehyung in the hallway.

Silence enveloped them before Jin cleared his throat.

"Jungkook wants you at the meeting room." He said, his melodious voice reaching Taehyung's ears.

Taehyung raised an eyebrow. "For what?"

"I have no idea. You'll have to see for yourself." Jin replied before pushing the other down the hallway.

Which left Taehyung really confused.

Nevertheless, he made his way to the meeting room, loud chatter evident on the other side of the door.

"What is going on in there?" Taehyung thought, his mind whirling at what possibly Jungkook wanted.

Taking in a deep breath, Taehyung slowly turned the knob, pushing the door open as he entered.

"Um, hello?" Taehyung whispered, the noisy atmosphere suddenly turning deathly quiet.

All eyes were on the small, nervous vampire in the room.

Taehyung felt himself getting uncomfortable at the stares as he started fidgeting with his fingers, his gaze dropping to the marble floor.

"Taehyung." A deep, smooth voice called out, making Taehyung snap his head up at the familiar sound.

Jungkook sat at the end of the table, gaze burning into Taehyung's soul as he felt himself shrink under the ravenette's gaze.

He had never felt this way towards him before.

Jungkook frowned when Taehyung broke away from his gaze, deciding that the floor was way more deserving of his attention than the raven male who oh-so-craves the attention from his mate.

"He can't even look at you without turning away, Jungkook." Jeongguk, his wolf, barked out.

Jungkook rolled his eyes, but he couldn't blame him. His wolf was howling for the affection of his mate, and now, his human probrably was too.

He may have gotten attached to the adorable vampire during their mission to the pristine tree.

But in all honesty, what is there not to like about Taehyung?

"Calm your impatient ass, Jeongguk. It's not easy trying to win someone over, you know." Jungkook replied, earning a scoff from the other.

"Well, you better earn his heart soon, or else i might just have to take over." Jeongguk replied, a deep sigh escaping Jungkook's mouth.

He shut Jeongguk out and placed him at the back of his mind as he looked up at the other werewolves in the room.

Jungkook was clueless as to why Taehyung had appeared at their meeting. But by the looks of a few elders, he knew it wasn't going to be good.