Chapter 14: The hunt pt2 (final)

"Dad, you have to stop this!" I stand in line with Roman, Remus, Patton and Logan, Roman's family stands behind us. My Dad and his army of vampires stand in rows opposite us, I don't know how we're gonna stop these guys but we have to try. Roman puts a hand on my shoulder but quickly pulls it away as it starts to burn, Dee still hasn't lifted the curse.
"Virgil, they're objective is to kill me right?" I nod, not taking my eyes off of the army in front of me. Then the realisation sets in.
"Roman no, I won't let you do that." But he's already walking forward, I reach out to him but Pat holds me back. I struggle against him but Logan grabs hold of me as all the vampires rush forward so does Roman's family. We stay still, so does my dad but all the other vampires continue fighting around Roman as he gets closer to my Dad.

A path clears as Roman walks forward, i call out to Roman and beg him to come back. "Roman get your ass back here, i swear to god!" I'm still struggling against Logan's grip, my dad just stands and waits for Roman and i loose sight of them in the crowd as Patton and Logan drag me away.

"Guys, what the hell, we need to stop him." I go to turn back from behind Roman's house but Remus blocks me.

"Deceit said he had this under control."

"You spoke to Dee?" I'm getting sick of all these secrets, but Pat explains that Roman let it slide that i'm a vampire and he told Logan and Dee yelled at Roman, who then came to yell at me. I start to calm down a bit. "So what's he gonna do?"

i look out towards the battlefield and my heart is almost in my mouth. as soon as roman is close enough my dad strikes him down and goes to drain his blood instantly, but he's stopped. for some reason he backs up and Roman stands up, that's when i see Dee break form. he gives me a nod and we watch as the army stops in their tracks, Dee looks all smug as he walls up to me.

"Did i scare ya."

"yeah asshole, you did!" i shove him once he's close enough.

"i've got this under control, in fact i've got them all under control, and don't worry your boyfriend is safe." and in that moment i feel a pair of arms wrap around my waist from behind. i turn around and hug roman back.

"don't scare me like that."

"sorry, snow white." he chuckles.

———

Dee spent the rest of the day clearing up what essentially became a battlefield and as the other vampires stalk home like zombies Deceit stops my dad.

"Lucas." he says sternly. "talk to your son." and under his full command he nods and walks towards me. roman kisses my cheek and i turn towards my dad.

walking inside the house, i'm ready to start fresh...