<6>

Jaehyun's POV

"Appa" I hear Jaehwan call out to me, I couldn't help but smile at him. "dude did he just call you appa?" Xiaojun asks walking next to us. He kneels down to Jaehwan smiling at him "Jae what am I?" he asks hoping he will call him appa as well. 

While Jaehwan caresses his face, "uncle," Jaehwan giggles while Xiaojun picks him taking his back to his mom who had sent him to get him since the food was about to be ready. 

Him calling me dad made me the happiest person to be alive, I make my way back to everyone who was having fun and eating the food Taeyong was making for us. I sit next to Jisung who was holding Jaehwan while Y/N fed him the grilled chicken and boy does that kid love his chicken. Y/n had mentioned earlier that his favorite food was chicken, so I made sure Taeyong brought some. 

Johnny hands me the plate with some meat and lettuce for me to wrap them, "Jaehyun" y/n calls out to me. Her radiant smile always blows me away, he hands me a lettuce wrap, I notice her mother looking at us smiling to herself. I open my mouth to eat it, while Taeyong smiles having looked at the scene. 

"appa, let's play in the water," Jaehwan walks over, leaving everyone stunned including y/n. "Honey why are you calling him appa?" she asks him. While he kisses her cheeks, "you told me appa is a nice person so this ahjussi is nice so he must be appa," Jaehwan says pouting as y/n smiles trying to contain her laughter. She nods going along with it, "fine let's go and play," she finally says. 

Jaemin runs up to him holding all of his toys, "Mini Jae you want to build a castle," Jaehwan smiles brightly running after Jaemin and the dreamies while y/n follows after them.  

Y/N's POV

I watch as Jaemin and Jaehwan collect the sand to make their castles, Jaemin insisted that his nickname should be mini Jae since Jaehyun was big Jae and he was little Jae. I liked that idea so I went along with it. 

Jaehyun walked over to me, "can we walk on the beach alone," he says nervously. I look over at Jaehwan, "Ten will look over him so don't worry," he says walking the opposite direction. I follow after him, he must have something important to say. 

We walk along the water not saying anything, until he stops looking out to the sunset, "y/n I know Jaehwan is my baby," he quietly says looking at me. 

He's known this entire time, since when did he know I said real mean things about the father not sticking around our lives and he's known. "When?" i ask while he turns around to look at me. "I've known since you gave birth," he tells me. 

Tears form down my eyes, he's known yet he never came to see him. "yah do you know how much I wanted to tell you," he nods hugging me tightly just like he did when we first met. It's comforting yet soothing. I look up at him, "there's one problem" I say pulling away from him. "Mother thinks we are married, and I have to fake a marriage with Taeyong," I say but he just continues hugging me kissing my temples. 

*** 

We walk back to the boys, they have a fire set, Jaehwan is sitting next to Lucas watching his roast a marshmallow. He looks up at the both of us "mama uncle Lucas is magic," he says sitting me down next to Lucas as he gets comfortable on my lap. "how is uncle Lucas magic," I ask while he points at the marshmallow. 

"he can make it yummy," he says while Lucas chuckles putting the marshmallows in a graham cracker handing it to Jaehwan who happily bites into it. Jaehyun has planned to tell everyone once mother had left so she won't think I lied to her.

It was starting to get cold so Taeyong had decided to go home, so they can prepare for their night jobs. During the day Mark and Yuta had set up a mic that stretched out to the beach to check who was watching us, they had gotten Intel that father wanted to take Jaehwan away from me saying he shouldn't be living this life.  

The car ride was quiet, Jaehwan had fallen asleep, and so did mother so it was just me and Taeyong still awake. He looks out the window there had been a car following us, "y/n stay quiet and don't make a sudden move," he states turning on a gps screen now with Jeno's face. 

"Hyung it's the CEO's men," he says while Taeyong nods reaching over to get a gun from one of the drawers in the car. I look back the other cars that NCT had been driving split up, "they are going Jaehwan and y/n," Haechan adds in loading a gun. 

Taeyong suddenly breaks revealing a bridge of cars blocking us from entering, "damn," he says reversing but it's too late they are already shooting, "Get the bullet proof vest and put it on Jaehwan!" Taeyong says yelling trying to get out of the scene. I quickly grab the vest and put it on him hoping he doesn't wake up.

Jungwoo pulls up on the screen along with an escape route, "take this it runs along the beach, Renjun and Chenle will be waiting there to take Jaehwan," he says while Taeyong nods driving into the sandy road. 

"Listen y/n when we get to the meeting point I want you and Jaehwan to jump out of the car, while your mother and I will try to divert them," he says. Mother who had now woken up unbuckles a sleepy Jaehwan handing him to me.   

Renjun and Chenle are already waiting for us, Taeyong slows down a little while I open the door jumping out of the car. Renjun quickly picks us up, while we run out to the sea where the getaway car is. Doyoung waves his hands when he sees us, Chenle had to carry Jaehwan as the vest made him more heavy. 

We get in the car, while Doyoung from his computer screens sends and ok to Taeyong. "mama what's happening," Jaehwan says rubbing his eyes. I hug him tightly kissing his temples, "nothing it's ok," I say distracting him. 

*** 

Taeyong's car finally joins the others, he had lost them by shooting their wheels. Once we've made it home everyone was shaken. But the house had been broken into, some of the guards were either injured or dead. I cover Jaehwan's eyes so he won't see anything, "what do we do now?" Winwin asks looking at the house. The office was probably like this too. 

"I marry y/n for reals this time," Taeyong says. 

-

-

-