Chapter Twelve

'What the...'
Bakugou almost dropped the resume in shock. This... he had never expected that. He knew Izuku was really smart and nailed all the tests with ease, so why were his grades so bad?
And the additional notes... What the hell was happening?

"Midoriya Izuku has severe attention-seeking issues. He cries whenever he doesn't get his way, harasses other student and starts fights with them. Upon confrontation, he lies and tells a different version of what had happened. He is unwilling to take class assignments serious, creating problems with his teachers. Upon being called out to the board, he refuses to stand up and doesn't respond when asked a question."

Nedzu was watching Katsuki's expression carefully, noticing how it shifted from a shocked expression, to a furious one. After a while, he slammed the papers on the table.
" What... What the fuck? " he whisper-shouted, shaking with rage. He couldn't believe it... He had been in the nerd's class for as long as he could remember... And he never noticed before?!
"This is not true at all!" He told Nedzu, shooting up in distress and almost knocking the coffee table over.
"Not true..." Nedzu muttered in disbelief and shock, before looking up at the spiky haired male. "You are telling me this isn't true?"
Bakugou just shook his head vigorously and made his way over to the door in a hurry.
"I-I gotta go!" He shouted and the door fell closed. Nedzu slowly turned back to ovserve his still steaming cup of tea, untouched. The resume was the most important piece of paper any student could get. Without a good resume you wouldn't be able to attend a good school and you certainly wouldn't get a good job. The teachers had written down such things on the green haired boy's resume, Bakugou was saying that wasn't true, that that information given to him was bullshit. So that left the teacher with a pile of question.
Why had those teachers done that?
What had Midoriya done for the teachers to write that down?
And why exactly didn't the boy speak up about that?

With long, loud sigh, Nedzu closed his eyes and massaged his temples. 'Aizawa had been right after all... All Might too... We have to do something, and fast. "

°-°

" H-He didn't?" Mitsuki asked, eyes wide as she took in the information.
Aizawa shook his head and waited for the woman to say something else.
The silence was quite unnerving, but the three heroes gave Bakugou's mom the time she needed to compose herself.
" It's... I don't know" she finally spoke. "Me and Inko-chan were best friends, because of this, Katsuki and Izuku-kun were also best friends. We would meet up regularly, but... After her husband left... I guess you could say she distanced herself. I haven't seen her for nine years now, and the last time I saw Izuku-kun was four years ago. And even then... " She paused and looked all of them in the eye, worry swirling in her deep red orbs.
" When I last saw him, he had been ever so polite and kind, but something was off. And not just his appearance. "

" Could you elaborate please? " All Might quietly, patiently asked the woman. The blonde haired man still tried to sort all of the information. It was surprising that Bakugou's and Midoriya's mom were best friends, because given how his successor and the blonde acted, he never would have guessed. And if she knew her that well, then it meant Bakugou and Midoriya knew each other quite well too. But why were they behaving like that if they certainly knew each other since they were little?

"It looked like he had been beaten up, and believe me when I tell you it looked horrendous. His face was full of cuts and bruises, his school uniform was tattered and there was dried blood on his shirt. It looked like someone had intended to kill him. I asked what was wrong and he just waved it off like it was nothing... He was always like that, you know. But... That day, I felt something had changed in him, he had that aura surrounding him, I just.... " The woman didn't continue, just looked down at her lap. Hisashi stared at her. He just couldn't believe it... He really couldn't.
Someone has beat up his precious student, but why?
There were so many parts of the story there were missing, pieces to complete the big puzzle only Izuku had. Unfortunately, he hid those pieces well and locked them up.
Right there, Present Mic made up his mind. He was going to pay Midoriya a visit and after everything they found out, and still would, he was going to talk to him. And no one was going to step in his way. All Might certainly cared about the boy too, that was clear. But it wasn't the same feeling Shouta and he himself felt.
Whilst All Might could have been a cool uncle for the boy, Hisashi felt a... parental protectiveness over the boy. And he was sure Shouta did, too. That's why hearing that he cut himself... It didn't sit right with him.
"Do you think it was someone from his school?" This conversation almost seemed like an interrogation, with how Aizawa was asking Bakugou's mom so many questions.