Chapter Seventeen

"IT'S BEEN A WEEK! A whole week already..." the underground hero sank back into the chair he previously stood up from.

It has been a week since his problem child has been kidnapped and so far, nothing has been found. Not a single trace. The mood amongst the teachers and other pro heroes has effectively dropped to the point where they rarely talked amongst each other, instead going out on patrol at any available time.

Aizawa himself hadn't gotten any sleep whatsoever. Worry was tearing him apart bit by bit and his mood just worsened by the fact that there wasn't any luck in finding the building, which had caused him to snap more than once at Yamada and a few other people.
But most of all, his heart was heavy with guilt. He promised his student he'd help him and now that he needed it, he couldn't do a single thing.
And Shouta knew that Izuku wouldn't expect anyone to save him, which made his heart sink even deeper into a hole of depression and regret.

"I know, Aizawa-kun. Everyone is effectively working on getting any hints as to where Midoriya-kun could possibly be right now", Nedzu assured the man, but he felt just as hopeless as the rest.
Even if he would put aside the kidnapping-issue, there'd be no way the mammal would be able to rest or relax a bit. Midoriya getting abducted is one thing, his resume a whole other. No, he didn't forget that, by all means, this was on his mind the whole time. He'd have almost expelled a student with so much potential, and because of what? A bad review of his behavior?

If Nedzu were to start an investigation in Aldera, ot would be a possibility that the school could be shut down. And by god if Nedzu found even the slightest error in their system, he would do so with pleasure.

"But it's not working is it? Nobody has been able to track that bastard down and -" the man sighed, putting his head in his hands.
"I don't know what to do anymore. If we don't find him soon... It's going to be too late."

The principal nodded sadly and looked down at the stack of papers on his table, putting some of them aside and sliding a few of them over to Eraserhead.
"I know it won't be of much help right now, but do you want to go through the list of guards Yamaguchi-kun wrote down? Maybe that'll help us spot one of them and be able to track them down to their hiding spot."
The man  took the files into his hands, steadying himself as he stood up from his chair.

Just as he was about to leave the office, the mammal called out to him." You should get some rest Aizawa-kun, you definitely need it."

And he did, it was obvious. Dark eyebags, even darker than usual contrasted the pale skin, his black hair was disheveled and stuck out in different directions, and even his steps seemed more sluggish than usual.

"No",the man immediately replied without hesitating. "Until my kid will be found, I won't be resting."
And with that, Shouta dissappeared down the hallway.

"Your kid?" Nedzu hummed with a knowing smile, turning back towards the computer to check for any incoming mails from other pro heroes, hoping that at least someone had good news.

~

After getting himself a cup of coffee, probably the third today, Aizawa sat down on the couch at his apartment and pulled out all the files on those guards Hisashi kept with him.
Yamada wasn't at home right now, his shift had started an hour ago and he would be gone for at least three more hours. After that, both of them had only ten minutes of time together until Aizawa would head out for patrol. It wasn't ideal, since they weren't able to see each other almost the whole day, but both of them had priorities.
Bring back their problem child.

Looking at the first page, Aizawa started looking through the list of names and their belonging quirks.

"Walter Scott
Poison quirk- is able to inject poison that the body produces into another person through biting one's skin. The poison will take effect 10 min after getting bit ((–>NOT deadly, but will cause unbearable pain for 5h straight without lessening))