Part 18

Ukai

~"ANSWER ME! Where have you been!?"
"For ten years? You were out there for ten years and you didn't once think to tell us!? "I was afraid Ukai! I was terrified something bad had happened to you and I couldn't do anything!"
"Why didn't you come back? You didn't even think to try and contact us? Yuto and I were scared to death!"
"You left without a goodbye in the middle of the night and the next thing we knew we were sitting in the Hokage office been told you never coming back!"
"I THOUGHT YOU WERE DEAD!"
"I don't ever want to see you again Ukai! Ever!"~

'Grrrrr! Why did that hurt so much!? I've been on my own for most of my life! Why would her words affect me? No one's opinion has ever mattered before!?'

I was sitting on top of the Hokage stone faces, looking over the village. I had originally come up here to practice a new Earth Style technique I've been working on but Minka's words kept playing over and over in my head and I couldn't concentrate. There was suddenly a loud rush of cheers and I watched lightning strike the ground out of nowhere, leaving in its wake two men dressed in white. One wore normal shinobi attire while the other wore a shoulder robe with a hat that read 'Lightning'. 

'Oh right, Sarada told me the 5 Kage summit was today, so that must be the Raikage.' I walk closer to the edge of the mountain to watch the rest of the Kage arrive. 

Next was a man and woman, the male being the one draped in robes with a blue hat that read 'Water'. 

'The Mizukage,'

The ground then began to shake and a large formation sprouted from the ground, carrying another man and woman. The woman wore fewer robes that the previous Kage, but a robe nonetheless, and her hat of 'Earth' 

'The Tsuchikage,' 

A huge sand storm then blew through the village, coming to a stop as a spinning vortex before revealing yet another pair of men. The taller one wore a full-body red robe and a hat that read 'Wind'.

'The Kazekage,'

I watched as each leader entered the Hokage building with the news reporters and the bystanders all huddling around to get another look. I sighed, rolling my neck and shoulders, turning to leave when I saw Boruto and Sarada standing near Lord Seventh's stone face talking to each other. 

'Huh?' 

They then started jumping around, Sarada chasing Boruto while shouting something at him. I jumped over to get a better ear in on what was actually going on, but stopped quickly before I stepped in a paint can. 

'Oh, Sarada is trying to stop Boruto from defacing the Hokage.' 

I watched Boruto activate his Shadow clone Jutsu and Sarada her Sharingan, I put my hands in my pockets as I watched them go at each other. I watched Sarada take out all of Boruto's clones before the real one jumped at her, only it wasn't the real Sarada. She had copied his technique, I'm not surprised, she has the Sharingan after all. I watched them go at each other a little longer before Boruto stopped and smiled at Sarada. He extended his hand to her, saying something about how he might fall over if they kept at it. Being the naive little girl she is, my sister smiled back, extending her own hand to shake Boruto's, but before their hands made contact, Boruto disappeared in a puff of smoke. Another shadow clone, I chuckled and the look of utter disbelief on my sister's face. The real Boruto announced himself behind her with a rope around his waist and the paint can from earlier in his hand. He smiled at Sarada before jumping off the rock face edge and dangling in front of Lord Naruto's face. 

"That kid is really something special isn't he?" I say walking up next to Sarada. 

"Yeah, no kidding." She hissed.

"Haa? Ukai, when did you get here?" Sarada looked at me. 

"I've been here all morning, I used to train up here as a child, just a habit I guess," I say to her. 

She looked from me to Boruto before growling. 

"Get back here you coward!" She hissed. 

"I'm ok with being a coward, I'd totally own it!" Boruto smirked. 

"Is that so?" I look over the rock face down at the young Lord.

"Care to do the honors?" I ask Sarada handing her a kunai.

"With pleasure," She took the knife from me and began to cut at Boruto's rope.

"H~hey, t~that's kinda of a cowardly move don't you think!?" Boruto stammered as he watched Sarada cut the rope holding him.

"But you said you were ok with that, right?" Sarada taunted.

I chuckled looking up to see the 5 kage standing on the roof of Lord Hokage's office watching us.

"Hey cut it out Sarada! I'm gonna fall!" Boruto yelled.

"Yeah so what!?" Sarada.

"I'm gonna die!" Boruto.

"You'll be fine!" Sarada.

"Stop it!" Boruto.

"Ukai! Tell her to stop!" Boruto.

"Leave my brother out of this!" Sarada.

"Sarada!" Boruto.

"Boruto!" Sarada.

I chuckled, hearing movement and a chuckle behind me, I turned to face the new commer.

"Hmm, I still think they make a very nice duo." A pale boy with blue hair and very bright yellow eyes smiled.

'Wow, he really reminds me so much of Maru.'

"Yeah right." I turn back to the other two children.

"By the way, when did you get here Mitsuki?" I fold my arms looking down at the young ninja.

"Oh, about a month ago." He smiled.

"And you Ukai, when did you get back?" He asked.

"A few days." I answer watching Sarada yell at Boruto again.

"I'm sure Maru will have told you about our little family visit to his hideout." I add.

"Hmm," Mitsuki nodded, watching his classmates along side me.