Part 24

(PS this pic isn't mine!)

Ukai

Clank

I dropped my ANBU mask on the Hokages desk, putting my hands on my hips as I looked at Lord Naruto and Shikamaru.

"What's with the scratches?" Shikamaru asked, looking my mask over.

"You'd have to thank your ninja for that," I say flicking my head to the ANBU shinobi behind me.

"It was your fault!" She hissed at me.

"You're the one wearing the claws, not me." I glared back at her.

"Whatever," She huffed, turning away.

This is Kazane, the ANBU ninja who turned out to be a kunoichi, that was administering my test. How'd I finally realize he was a she? Simple, while we were fighting she presented me the perfect opportunity to level the playing field by removing her mask. And by remove, I mean intentionally kick it off her face, also resulting in an unintentional bloody nose and bruised cheek. I was a little surprised to find out that Lord Seventh had sent a woman out for my trial but they are smaller and faster, perfect for the task of keeping something away from someone rather than fighting them.

"And did you have to punch so hard? If you had landed one of those chakra infused hit on me that would have been the end." Kazane added.

"Would you drop it already, I already apologized and that's not something I do often so get over yourself." I roll my eyes.

"WHAT DID YOU SAY!?" She yelled at me.

"Ok, you two! That's enough, the point is you passed Ukai, you are now officially part of Konoha's ANBU squad." Lord Naruto said as Shikamaru handed me an ANBU uniform.

"Congrats," Kazane smiled.

"Hmm," I bowed to the Lord and his assistant before exiting the office.

"DID YOU JUST IGNORE ME!?" Kazane yelled again.

I rolled my eyes, ignoring the purple-haired kunoichi once again as I descended the stairs of the academy and headed home. It was already late afternoon, my exam-taking less time than expected, but still dragged out pretty long.

"I'm home Mother," I call pulling my shoes off before walking into the living room.

"Welcome home Ukie," Mother smiled.

"So?" She walked up to me with a curious look.

"How did it go?" She asked, fiddling with her fingers.

I pulled the ANBU mask out from behind me and handed it to her with a soft smile. She gasped, pulling the mask up to her face and looking over it.

"Oh, Ukie I'm so proud of you!" She hugged my waist.

"Thanks, Mother," I hugged her back.

"We need to celebrate!" She pulled away, running off into the kitchen.

I chuckled, running a hand through my hair before following after her.
________________________________________________________________________________

"Haaaaa," I sighed looking up at the sun.

"This is going to become a real annoyance one of these days." I groan as I lean against the village gates waiting for my sister's class to get back from their trip.

"Man what an awesome trip! I hope we have another one soon!" The loud voice of excited children filled the air and I opened my eyes to see the academy student walking this way.