Part 9

3rd

"Hey Ukie, you wanna help me with dinner?" Sakura asked her son, sticking her head into his room.

"Uh, I don't know, cooking isn't something I'm good at." The young Uchiha confessed.

"Oh don't worry, you'll be helping, not doing it on your own." Sakura laughed.

"Ok then, but if we're all sick tomorrow I blame you." Ukai joked jumping off his bed.

"I'll take my chances." Sakura chuckled, leading the way to the kitchen.

It was a mini-mission for Ukai at first. The young Uchiha trying to copy his Mother exactly, but once Sakura told Ukai to stop trying so hard and just have fun it got a whole lot easier. The two Uchiha's were laughing at each other and enjoying the bonding time when the doorbell went.

"I'll get it!" Ukai called pulling his apron off and heading for the door.

Opening the door, Ukai was greeted with the big smile of Lord Naruto.

"Uncle Naruto." Ukai smiled.

"Hey, kid how's it going!" Naruto ruffled the boy's hair.

"Who is it Ukie?" Sakura called.

"It's Uncle Naruto!" Ukai called side-stepping to let Naruto through.

"Hey, Sakura!" Naruto called walking into the living room.

"Naruto! Good to see you!" Sakura smiled entering the room.

"Ukie go watch the potatoes." She smiled at her son.

"Ok." Ukai headed back to the stove.

"To what do I owe the pleasure, Lord Seventh?" Sakura teased.

"Can I not drop by on an old friends?" Naruto pouted.

"Of course, but shouldn't you be getting home?" Sakura asked.

"I'll head there after this," Naruto added.

"Ok." Sakura smiled.

"I actually came to see Sasuke, is he home yet?" Naruto questioned looking around.

"No, not yet but he should be home soon~" Sakura finished just as the door opened.

"I'm back," Sasuke called walking in.

"Oh, welcome home dear," Sakura greeted her husband.

"Welcome back Father!" Ukai's voice sounded.

Sasuke searched the room for his son, raising an eyebrow at his wife when he didn't see him.

"He's in the kitchen making sure dinner doesn't burn." Sakura chuckled.

Sasuke nodded before seeing his wife had company.

"Naruto? What are you doing here?" Sasuke added.

"I came to talk to you." The Hokage said.

Sasuke nodded and the three grown-ups moved to the dining room to talk. Upon entering the joined space, true to Sakura's words Sasuke saw his son working in the kitchen, both finishing off their dinner and cleaning up the dishes. When Ukai looked up and his eyes met his Father's, the younger Uchiha bowed his head. Sasuke nodded once in return before the parents seated themselves. Ukai then carefully walked over with a tray of tea and three cups, placing it on the table before heading back to the stove.

"You have a well-mannered kid Sasuke!" Naruto smiled.

"Of course." Sasuke shrugged off the compliment.