Chapter 12.

“Mummy! I missed you” Panda runs into my hospital room, Niall picks her up placing her onto the bed.

“Oowww” I moan as Panda crawls on my very sore stomach. “Sowwy mummy” I move over a little so she can squish next to me. “I missed you too baby, did Ni look after you?” I ask cuddling her as much as I can without hurting my tummy.

“Yes we pwayed barbies all night”

I look over at Niall but he’s focused on his phone. He has barely looked at me or spoken to me since I’ve been in hospital, I don’t know why.

“I’ve gotta go to work so I’m taking Panda home and Kate is going to babysit her” He says picking up Panda from the bed next to me. “Okay, Ni what’s wrong?” I finally ask.

“Nothing, I’ve gotta go” he says shortly before walking out without a second glance. What the fuck?

My phone starts vibrating on the table next to me, Kate’s name flashes on the screen as I answer the phone.

“Hey Niall told me what happened, are you okay?” She is loud with worry on the other end of the phone “I’m fine, shocked but fine.” I say sitting up in the bed and switching on the TV. “Have you had visitors looking after you?”

“Yeah Charly and Chord have been here the whole time so I made them go home and sleep today, Niall comes in for a little but he is acting weird. I don’t know why, he has barely looked at me or spoken to me, it’s like he thinks the miscarriage was my fault.” Tears well up in my eyes as I finally say the words. I had a miscarriage.

“He’s probably just upset and doesn’t know how to deal with it. And um it could be that Harry is back…” she quickly and quietly says “I don’t care, he didn’t want this so I don’t care anymore.”

“I know, I just thought you should know because he’s on his way to the hospital right now”

“What!” I feel my eyes widen, why would he be coming here. Harry is the one who told me he didn’t want to be with me, he’s the one who hurt me I don’t want him here.

“I told him you didn’t want him there but he wouldn’t listen, I’m sorry”

“It’s not your fault, thank you for telling me I better go I’m gonna sleep” I say I now I’m overthinking but I really don’t want to see Harry.

“Wait how long are in there for? I’ll come see you tomorrow” Kate says stopping me from hanging up.

“I get to leave on Tuesday. But I’d really like it if you did come see me” I smile before saying a quick goodbye and hanging up.

The nurse comes in to check up on me, says everything is good and I’m doing fine.

Thank god, now I can sleep.

“I’m looking for Katy Valentine.” I hear a man’s voice in the corridor, I quickly pull the blanket right up under my chin and pretend to be asleep.