Chapter 16.

“We’re going, be back soon. Pandora be good okay” I kiss her cheek and she runs off to the play room with Charly following after her.

“Be careful!” Charly yells from the hallway before Niall and I leave the house. I didn’t want Brad to know where we live this time so we are meeting at a restaurant on the other side of town near Niall’s place.

“He’s over there” I grip Niall’s hand as tight as I can, terrified of how this might go.

We slowly walk over to where Brad is seated and I hate to admit it but he looks good, which is a good thing. “Hey Katy” he smiles standing to greet us.

I grab Niall’s bicep with my other arm, leaning into him. “Hey” I smile a little but it doesn’t meet my eyes like Brads does, Niall shakes his hand introducing himself his grip tightening on my hand.

We take a seat across from Brad and I grab a menu, I’m fucking starving. I was so nervous this morning I forgot to eat anything.

“How have you been?” Brad asks and I point to what I want for Niall to order for me before answering. “I’m good, you look good too.”

“I just got out of rehab. I’m clean like I promised you and Panda I would be.”

“That’s really good.” I’m not sure what I’m supposed to say, I’ve been waiting for this day for so long but now it’s here what am I supposed to feel or do. He took too long.

“I’m sorry that it took me so long to get my act together. But I need Panda in my life and I want to be good for her, I want my little princess back.”

“You need to prove to me that I can trust you first, I don’t want Pandora getting hurt again.” Niall grabs my hand under the table giving it a comforting squeeze.

“I promise I’ll do whatever it takes to prove to you and Panda that I’m better, that I’m staying sober.”

“Okay” I smile, I’m glad he’s gotten sober.

“I’ll be back in a minute.” Niall says standing from the table and walking towards the bathroom.

“What happened with Harry?” Brad asks once Niall is out of earshot, I glare at him wondering what it has to do with him.

“We didn’t work out” are the words that leave my mouth, ‘He left me because Niall got me pregnant and I couldn’t forgive him for leaving me when I needed him the most.’ Is what runs through my head.

What if he didn’t leave me? What if I didn’t lose the baby? How differently would things have turned out?

“Katy?” Brad breaks me out of my thoughts and I shake my head trying to rid them from my head. “Sorry what did you say?” I ask recovering from my slight black out moment. “I asked what happened?”

“It just wasn’t right okay, I don’t want to talk about it. I’m with Niall and I’m happy.”

Niall reaches the table but doesn’t sit down. “I’ve gotta go into work they have a problem I need to sort out.” Niall sighs before kissing my cheek.

“I’ll come with you” If he leaves me here, I won’t be able to get home because Niall drove us.

“Nah I’ll come back and pick you up, I won’t be long.” Niall nods to Brad and leaves me in the shop with Brad. Alone.

He may say he’s sobered up but I don’t know for sure and what if he’s lying, what if he tries to hurt me or kiss me again. I know I’m overthinking but I know what Brad’s like and I can’t stop over thinking. I know how dangerous Brad can be and I don’t want to be alone around him for long, he might turn on me.