Chapter 7.

I press the answer button as I pick up my phone from pandas bed and walk to my own room. I’m exhausted and really want to just sleep but I can’t avoid Harry’s calls forever. I need to face up to the feelings I have for him instead of avoiding it.

“Hello?” I answer laying back on my bed.

“Hey Katy, I was wondering how you were doing? Are you okay?” he says sounding nervous.

“Um yeah, I’m fine thanks. And thank you for everything last night, I’m sorry you had to see me like that and hear all that.”

“It’s fine, just as long as you are good now.” Harry sounds somewhat distracted as I hear someone in the background talking to him before slowly and awkwardly lets them know he’s on the phone.

“Yeah I’m okay, shouldn’t you be enjoying the party?” I ask as I sit up and cross my legs.

“Yeah I should, but it’s boring. I want to go but Niall still has my car and won’t give me the keys.” Now he sounds upset maybe? I can’t exactly tell…

“Why does he have your car if he has his own?” I curiously ask

“Long story, anyway I was going to ask you something.” I hate when people say that it makes me so nervous!

“Oh okay, what is it?” I ask quietly

“Would you like to get coffee sometime this week, when you aren’t babysitting?” I can tell he is really nervous but I don’t get why, he’s good looking and clearly has no problem getting girls. He’s rather confident too from what I’ve already seen.

“Look I’m not ready for anything right now, I thought I was but I’m not that’s why it didn’t work with Niall. I just need to focus on other things and not a relationship or crushes or anything like that. I’m sorry Harry, but if it’s a friendly coffee date then sure. I would like to be friends with you.” I hope I didn’t just freak him out.

Wait what does he mean babysitting, doesn’t he know that Panda is my baby? Oh no he must think she is Charly’s. Fuck, I’m going to have to tell him before my feelings get any stronger.

“No I understand, I want to be friends with you too. Text me when you want to go, I have to go Rachel is stalking me again.” He sighs as I laugh at his comment.

“Hey, it’s not funny. She’s so annoying.” I can hear him frown before I hear a slight chuckle through the receiver.

“Oh but it is” I laugh even harder as I hear Rachel in the background trying to ask Harry who he is talking too. “I’m going upstairs, by myself.” He says to Rachel I assume. “Are you sure you don’t need any comp…”

“No, I’m fine by myself.”

“Sorry she is so obsessed, I don’t know why. I just wish she would leave me alone ah.” He says and I can’t help but giggle into the phone.