February 2nd CONT

Sunday Morning CONT:

Disclaimer: the time periods will be a bit wonky. I think it will make sense in the next few chapters...well hopefully :D

Trying to put the right words together, I say, "Carson was drunk at the bar and tried to flirt with me. I don't think he was aware of who I was, but Jay rescued me and that's practically the only reason we ended up having our special moment. I'm so sorry." I put my hand on her shoulder, 

She turns her head and looks straight at me, "Why are you sorry? You just told me the truth." she shrugs, "That's better than either of the boys. I just can't believe it. Carson has always been truthful to me and extremely loyal. He's never even drank that much before." Macy says trying to process what is going on.

***

I  hear a knock at the door and walk over and open it to find Carson standing there.

"Mac, can we talk?" he looks at her through the door.

Macy turns her back towards the door,"I don't have anything I want to say to you." Macy replies.

Carson walks over to Macy and looks at her. "Won't you just listen? Come on babe, you know that wasn't me!" 

At this moment, I walk out to the hall and lean up against the wall listening in on their conversation. 

"Who was it then? Did Jay have to refresh your memory or did you come over here because you remember it by yourself and feel sorry?"  Macy snaps at him. 

"I uh...I don't know." he stumbles over his words. 

Macy walks away from him, "Unbelievable." she says. 

He follows her, "Wait please? Let's work this out?"he pleads.

"No!" she says and pushes him. As she pushes him, drugs immediately fall out of his jacket pocket.

"So, now you're doing drugs? It's like I don't even know you anymore! We're done Carson. Get out of my room now!" she yells. 

Carson approaches me standing in the hallway and looks at me with a big question mark written all over his face.

"You know you really hurt her. I don't think she'll be moving past that anytime soon. You need to get your act together and then maybe just maybe she'll give you another chance." I say.

"Huh, or maybe I need to do this." he says right before he tries to kiss me.

Pushing him off of me, "Let me spell it out for you...NO."  I say.

"Fine, I don't need either of you." he says before finally walking off.

My mind is only thinking about one person as I stop to catch my breath...Macy.

I rush into my dorm to find Macy sitting on her bed crying.

I sit down next to her and she says, "did I ever tell you how we met? I was ordering food at Chipotle and he offered to pay for me. We spent the entire day together and we practically have ever since. He's always been such a gentleman even under his bad boy demeanor, he was there whenever I needed someone. I don't know what I'm going to do without him. Where's the Carson I know? I just want him." She cries harder. 

"Macy, I'm not going anywhere. I will be there for you through all of it. Ups and downs together, I promise whatever you need." I say.

Macy looks up and sniffles before saying "Thank you."  she says laying her head on my shoulder.

"Um," she hesitates, "I think I need to be alone for a little while." she finally says. 

"Okay. I'll be out in the courtyard if you need me." I say to her. 

After I leave the dorm I decide to call Jay. I still haven't told Macy about Carson almost kissing me. It caught me so off guard that I couldn't feel any emotion, but now I can...

"Bri, I'm so glad you called. It's Carson. What happened? He's a mess." 

"Macy found drugs on him. I suggest you be careful. He wanted to talk to me so I advised him that he should work on improving himself if he wants to improve his relationship with Macy. But Jay..."

"What is it?"

"Jay..."I say as my voice tightens.

"Yes?"

"Jay, he tried to kiss me again and I didn't know what to do. I pushed him over and he ran off, but I'm kinda worried. What do you think I should do?"

"Well, what you're not going to do is leave. Wait right there I'll be over in 5."

"Thank you" I say as I end the call. 

***

"Brielle! Are you okay?" Jay says as he arrives to find me sitting outside my dorm. 

Standing up and greeting him with a hug, I say, "Yeah, I'm fine."

I look up at him, "Why is this happening? He's day drinking in college and carrying drugs on him. What's up with him and how has he not been caught?" 

"It's not technically school yet. School starts tomorrow. I figure he'll get away with it until he can't anymore. But don't worry Bri we won't ignore the fact that he needs help. Our problem now is that he doesn't realize it. But, he's going to realize it sooner or later. How's Macy holding up?" Jay says sincerely. 

"She's pretty shaken up. She was in love with him or who he used to be. I wish we knew what was up. I hate seeing her like this." I tell Jay.

"I wish we did too. But Carson's a closed book about these type of things." Jay says.

"Yeah...you know, Jay, I think I need to go and talk with Macy right now if that's alright. Thank you so much for coming over. I truly don't know what I would do without you." I say to him.

Jay kisses my forehead and says "I'll always be here. You don't have to worry."

"I'll text you later." I say as I smile at him before walking back towards my dorm.