Hair Dye

(sonia's pov- 17 days after graduation)

Gundham and I have been acting normal with each other. We've been talking at breakfast in the mornings, and at dinner since everyone stills come together to eat meals but not hanging out otherwise.

I miss him. I miss hanging out with him but all he does is lock himself in his room all day. He says he's "working" but what could he be working on? It's not like his ultimate talent has to do with building or anything.

I want to tell him exactly how I feel but i'm worried it will make things weird between us. He means a lot to me, and I don't want to lose him over something stupid, especially considering we're stuck on this island for the rest of our lives...

    I'm worried the reason Gundham and I have started growing apart is because he knows about my feelings. Maybe someone told him because they figured it out and now he thinks i'm weird or something.

    I ended up going to Hajime for help again, and was successful in getting it this time around. He said he was going to ask Gundham how he's been adjusting now that he's back and just how he's doing in general. But I don't think he has yet since Gundham has been locked up in his cabin 24/7

    But after breakfast today, i'm going to try a new thing with Chiaki. I'm going to dye my hair.

   Chiaki said she would help me with it, and i'm honestly quite nervous. In the royal family dying your hair is strictly forbidden, but since i'm trapped in this island anyway I figured I might as well try it.

   At the supermarket, Chiaki and I picked out a nice pink to try. We also got some black towels and plastic gloves. We grabbed a plastic bowl from the kitchen and then headed over to my cabin.

    I changed into one of Chiaki's old shirts as to not get dye on my clothes, then, we began.

     Chiaki put on the plastic gloves then slowly began working the pink dye into the ends of my blonde hair. She kept adding in the dye until she finished the whole box, slowly working her hands up my hair. By the time she was done half my hair was slowly being turned pink by the dye as it sat.

    We had to wait 30 minutes for the dye in my hair to be done before we could wash it out, so we decided to just wait out the time talking while it sat.

    I looked over at Chiaki and smiled, I knew exactly what I wanted to ask her. "So, what's going on with you and Hajime?" Chiaki's face slowly turned more pink before she smiled up at me, "Can you keep a secret?"