Ceremony

(sonia's pov- 20 days after graduation)

     I opened my eyes, still holding Gundham's hand and looked at the scene that lay before me. I saw everyone inside, big smiles on their faces as they sat in rows of chairs all facing towards a small throne.

    I suddenly understood what was happening when I saw the decorations of the ceiling and walls. White flower garlands with gold leaves. And then my eyes fell on the crown.

    A beautiful, gold crown with white embedded gems and and gorgeous shine.

    This was a recreation of a ceremony from my home.

    The ceremony of making a princess, a queen.

   I looked up at Gundham. I saw him form a small smile as guide me forward. I walked down the center aisle, which was covered in flower petals of every variety. But the real eye catcher was the throne in the center. It was small, but it was perfect.

   A white base with gold spiral etchings in the wood. A golden cushion with small pleats at the end of the fabric. A small footrest was also placed in front of the throne, which was matching with the chair.

    As I finished slowly walking the aisle, I sat down upon the throne and closed my eyes as tears rolled down my face. I couldn't remember the last time I was so honored to have as amazing friends as I did.

   I looked over at Gundham.

  Then I realized why he was spending all that time in his cabin.

    He was creating the ceremony he knew I always wanted and thought I would never get. He was making my biggest dream as close to a reality as possible. He was making me the queen I always wanted to be.

     Gundham has devoted his days to making me happy. He had created something that no one else could create. He created something beautiful.

   Then I looked at all my other friends. Smiling up at me, despite the fact that this was Gundham's creation they were the people who gave it true meaning. They were the ones who gave me the motivation to keep going, the ones who made being trapped on this island something actually enjoyable.  

   That's the moment I decided they were no longer my friends, they were my family. They were my big, messy, weird, wonderful family. And I loved each and every one of them more than anything in the world.

    Well, almost anything. I also knew there would always be one person would be my number one now. There would always be the person who made me their queen.

   For the first time in my entire life, I was 100% happy, and whole. All thanks to Gundham.